Speedy Samsung Galaxy S2 Sales Hit Five Million

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneFXupdude

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
Though the Samsung Galaxy S II is the overall superior phone, the Motorola Atrix shouldn't be overlooked. Docking gimmick aside, with its update to 2.3.4 out, the phone is finally what was promised to us.

Dual-Core 1.0GHz (1.2GHz for SGS2)
Gingerbread (2.3.4)
4.0" 960x540 (4.3" 800x480 for SGS2)
1GB RAM (same as SGS2, but Atrix limited by Moto saving 1/3 RAM for laptop dock)
16GB Storage (SGS2 also offers 32GB)
5MP camera (8MP for SGS2)
720p capture (1080p for SGS2, but 1080p planned for Atrix)
1080p playback
Tegra 2 GPU (Mali-400MP for SGS2. SGS2 wins but Atrix still better than most)
1980mAh Battery (1650mAh for SGS2)
USB connection
HDMI output

If you can wait (or willing to import), get the S2, but the Atrix is available in the US now. Either way you can't go wrong.

And regardless of your choice, if you want to make iPhone users jealous, get the spb shell 3D UI. A bit on the expensive side, but will leave others in envy. And runs silky smooth even with live wallpaper.

Lamiel

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]It is pretty pathetic that you have to resort to tactics like this to make a sub-standard device look more popular than it actually is; how much does Samsung pay you to denounce Apple daily? Just curious.[/citation]
Sub-standard? In what way could this phone be described as sub-standard? Even normally Apple-biased phone reviewers are acknowledging that this is the best smartphone yet made. Everything about this phone (except for the resolution, which is more than made up for by the absolute AWESOMENESS of Super AMOLED Plus technology) is so far above the standard (i.e., iPhone4) that it's practically a joke to mention them in the same sentence. Get real, getreal.

evo_7

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
[citation][nom]Lamiel[/nom]Sub-standard? In what way could this phone be described as sub-standard? Even normally Apple-biased phone reviewers are acknowledging that this is the best smartphone yet made. Everything about this phone (except for the resolution, which is more than made up for by the absolute AWESOMENESS of Super AMOLED Plus technology) is so far above the standard (i.e., iPhone4) that it's practically a joke to mention them in the same sentence. Get real, getreal.[/citation]

I don't think anyone has to bash Apple to even appreciate what Samsung is doing with this phone. Specifications wise, its undoubtedly impressive. Frankly there have been phones that have had more impressive specifications when iPhone were sold throughout the years but very few phones combine impressive features and what the consumer demands all into one.

Frankly my question is how much does apple pay you Getreal to troll these forums and denounce anything critical of Apple?

G

Got the s2 a week ago, best phone I ever owned. Had the Galaxy S before to get out of BB hell, Fantastic phone. But the S2 is unreal. I can see why Apple wants to keep it out of the US.

The Galaxy line is the new frontrunner in cell tech!

Status
Not open for further replies.