Spider Combines Laptop, Tablet, Phone, Handheld

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CPU666d1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
I wouldn't touch this spider product with an assortment of lavender & aloe vera soaps! Just imagin what could go wrong with this product. Its connections with each other may over time give you trouble. Even be faulty more than the usual tech friendly product. I'd rather have a straight product that will less likely have troubles with connecting them together.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]archange[/nom]Except that would stop the phone being used as a trackpad, which was the whole point of the design. What that would do, however, is make the tablet a bit more expensive and the laptop a bit cheaper.Plus, they stated that the laptop would have a bigger screen. And on that subject: 1280x800 on a smartphone sounds sweet. I do remote desktop and ssh from my phone - so I would kill for this right now[/citation]

I actually agree with the other guy. The tablet would be the display for the laptop as well as offering touch capabilities on screen. Not to mention, it would be cheaper for the "laptop attachment" than it would be to pay for ANOTHER screen on top of the one that's already on the tablet. Also, you'll have less crap to carry around if the tablet also functioned as a screen for the laptop portion.

I think this was a bit of an oversight.

user_ace

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
It's good to see some innovation for a change, although i'm still not convinced with the Android platform. Perhaps when Windows 8 rolls out we will finally get what this market desperately needs: a "open" tablet device can run full-fledged applications. Just imagine how awesome it would be to dock your Windows 8 tablet and have it turn into a fully-capable Windows 8 notebook? Makes you wonder why can't they do it now with current Linux distros?

Status
Not open for further replies.