Question Splice C-Type to HP 935444-001 to power a HP chromebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2021
I want to splice a C-Type charging cable to a HP Charging adapter part number 935444-001. And need to know what wire should i connect to the blue wire or is it even possible

Feb 17, 2021
Why exactly do you wanna splice the C-Type charging cable ?

To which source do you wanna connect the spliced cable with your laptop?

I lost my charger for my chrome book but a frien of mine had one but the C-Type connector was cut off of it so I thought that I would just splice one from a charging cable in its place. But i dont know which wire to hook the black, white and blue wire to. The C-Type cable has four wires and their colors are white, red,green and grey. There is also what i assume to be shielding around the wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know i can buy one off of Ebay for 12.00 but I like messing with electronics. I just cant find the wiring diagram for that particular charger which is 935444-001

Reactions: Hydra119
Feb 17, 2021
What would uploading pictures of the cables do? The charging adapter has a black, white and blue wire and the C-Type cable has green, red, white and grey and I only want to know what wires get attached to which wires so that I can charge my HP Chromebook.

Feb 17, 2021
What would uploading pictures of the cables do? The charging adapter has a black, white and blue wire and the C-Type cable has green, red, white and grey and I only want to know what wires get attached to which wires so that I can charge my HP Chromebook.
Why would you tell me to upload pictures to a website thats about funny videos and GIFs? Im being serious here and am searching out an answer not some smart allick response

USAFRet

Illustrious
Why would you tell me to upload pictures to a website thats about funny videos and GIFs? Im being serious here and am searching out an answer not some smart allick response
imgur.com is a popular site to host any type picture.

It is commonly used here to host pics that need to be displayed in a thread or reply.
I use it here (and at TomsHardware) for exactly that, every day.

You need to know what those wires are for to match them, just the colors won't help. Unless you want to risk frying your motherboard I would just buy a full working charger. If you really want to try connecting the wires, see if those wires have any markings on them for + - and ground, then connect the matching wires together.

Status
Not open for further replies.