Sprint Confirms Unlimited Data Plan for Next iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
the reason i'm with sprint is unlimited data.. if only they had any phoens wirth buying... the nexus looks cool but it lacks a expandable memory slot so nto enough storage, I'm glad the iphone and unlimited data are getting them more customers but I hope they use soem of their $ to attract a good nonapple company like asus into their offerings

ryu750

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Im with ATT now and tweeted "2 months to go, and then switching to sprint @sprint @att". ATT contacted me immediately and said "what can we do to keep you as a customer" I said "get unlimited data" He never responded again.

Great customer service!!!

jay2tall

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
Hopefully Sprint can attract more customers. The one price for everything is what I like the most with nights starting at 7PM and free mobile to mobile on any carrier is the best. Their customer support is not terrible like some other unnamed carriers. I seem to have had more issues with my 3G connection in the last year so hopefully they can beef up their network sometime in the near future. This and their $10 per smart phone extra charge for "premium data". They tacked this on in the last year. With that it is still cheaper than other carriers.

mx438

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
Who gives a crap, Sprint?! Of course you're the only cell phone company that can offer unlimited data, because no one can even get a signal to even use your service. Furthermore, even when someone has a signal, your 4G service is non-existent, or runs at 2G at best-- just like your 3G.

The cell phone plans these companies pump out are at best dismal. Customer is always 2nd. When it comes to cell phone companies, you either pay way too much to get good service, or still pay an unfair amount to get absolutely nothing in return.

ATT, T-Mobile= Terrible Coverage, slowed data for too much "unlimited', or Cost per GB.

Verizon= great coverage and fast 4g LTE ... if you have a kidney to sell, due to other companies' lack of service.

Sprint= False advertising...Unlimited Data you could hardly use unless you live next to a tower.

Why on earth are we letting these pigs take advantage of us. Their main objective ought to be infrastructure, because it's purely obvious their demand for coverage can't keep up with smartphone technologies.

Cell Phone CEOs philosophy: "Hey lets ignore our infrastructure, and cover it up by selling shiny phones."

Apple Consumer: "Oh cool, it's made by apple, I'm going to buy this even though I'm going to be raped by my cell phone carrier."

Android Consumer: "Fast phone...great 3rd party developers...if only these damn cell phone companies can really let me unleash the power of these things."

E-commerce Business Owner: "I have no choice, its either paying these companies, or my business is going to sink!"

ryu750

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Who gives a crap, Sprint?! Of course you're the only cell phone company that can offer unlimited data, because no one can even get a signal to even use your service. Furthermore, even when someone has a signal, your 4G service is non-existent, or runs at 2G at best-- just like your 3G.

I guess it depends when your from. In the my area Sprint gets great reception. 4g and 3g are way over rated.

blakbird24

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
It's not the area you are in, unless you are in Europe or Japan, in which case, you should be thankful you are not in the US.

Verizon fans - you are full of it. I manage a fleet of 30 Verizon phones for my company...VERIZON BLOWS!!!! Thus I use Sprint for my personal phone and my families phones. Not that Sprint is any better...it's not. But it is alot cheaper.

I have my company phone(Droid Bionic) on Verizon, and my personal phone (Evo 4G) on Sprint. Those two phones are side by side everywhere I go, all over the northeast. I will tell you as I have told others, there is virtually NO DIFFERENCE between Sprint and Verizon's coverage and speed up here. There are very few places where I have no data coverage at all on Sprint...but within those spots, I have nothing from Verizon either. Running speedtest on both phones - LTE and WiMax both average 6-8mbps. The fastest I have EVER seen on LTE: 9.8mbps...WiMax: 12.1mbps. Those numbers mean very little however as it is rare to see that kind of speed on ANY 4G network.

Customer service from both carriers is beyond unacceptable...i want to blow my brains out when i'm forced to call either one.

The whole Verizon thing is all hype, Verizon is no better than anyone else. All the US carriers SUCK...there is no excuse for us to be stuck with such poor choices, and by eating up the BS that Verizon feeds you, you are not helping the situation at all.

Take it from me...I have extensive experience with both carriers, and I chose Sprint for my personal phone...and the decider was price. In all other categories, both Verizon and Sprint get an F. Sprint gets an A for price just because their competition fails so badly in that category. It's a win by default.

Eman25th

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Did I miss something or does the article not mention at what price the unlimited plan comes ?[/citation]

there are a few different unlimited plans from sprint, only difference iirc is the minutes you can get and/or family plans. my family plan has 4(four) lines all 4g phones, all with insurance charges on them, and i pay $215, so its $53.75 per person for unlimited text, web, nights and weekends, unlimited mobile to mobile is really nice, i think between all 4 phones we only use about 100 real minutes a month.

technicalbass

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
AT&T is going to milk its current customers until Sprint gets the iPhone then they will just release unlimited data to keep people from switching. Either that or they will use some false advertising to keep people believing their network is superior in some new way.

bruckheimer

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2012
Sprint doesn't have near the coverage area that Verizon has though, and there 4G service is allot faster then Sprint because they have more bandwidth going out through there networks then Sprint does, Sprint has had major issues with there 4G service, plus you have to keep in mind as soon as Apple and Google phones went to Verizon that made all kinds of people switch from ATT and Sprint which gave them more customers along with converge area increasing now as a result and they still offered the unlimited data plan at that time which was another reason why customers switched because they could get that plan, however now you have to go with a tier data plan because the unlimited plan is no longer available to new customers, but one thing they are bringing out soon is share tier data plan which is one price you can pay for all phones instead of having a plan for each Smartphone, however I wouldn’t be surprised if Verizon brought back the unlimited data plan for the next iphone launch and then drop it again afterwards, which will give current customers and new customers the opportunity to get that plan and get even more for there money and make there bills cheaper, plus with the windows 8 phones coming out this year that will increase there customers even more and make there coverage on the map increase in service area’s that don’t have 4G/3G service, there voice plan prices are different depending on where you live so it varies which is why allot of people will say there prices are better then Sprint, there unlimited data plan is allot cheaper then what Sprint’s unlimited data plan will cost, Verizon’s price is $29.99 where Sprint’s price will be $79.99 which is a little to high if you ask me, they need to lower that down to at least $39.99. Sprint has got allot of catching up to do with Verizon and ATT, but if you are one of the customers that still has the unlimited data plan instead of a tier data plan, keep it because it is a big plus to have today for any Smartphone you use, plus if you have a 4G Smartphone and a unlimited data plan with Verizon you can use the 4G Mobile Hotspot which is also unlimited which runs off your Smartphone, but that is only available if you have that plan and a 4G Smartphone.

Getting 30 down and 14 up on my Razor Maxx is awesome; I was talking to a friend who was in Nevada and he was getting 50 down and 24up, they must have some good 4G service in that area where he was at, now that’s what I call bandwidth on a Smartphone, especially if you got the unlimited grandfather data plan from Verizon Wireless.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]technicalbass[/nom]AT&T is going to milk its current customers until Sprint gets the iPhone then they will just release unlimited data to keep people from switching. Either that or they will use some false advertising to keep people believing their network is superior in some new way.[/citation]

the iphone is on sprint >_<

[citation][nom]bruckheimer[/nom]Sprint doesn't have near the coverage area that Verizon has though, and there 4G service is allot faster then Sprint because they have more bandwidth going out through there networks then Sprint does, Sprint has had major issues with there 4G service, plus you have to keep in mind as soon as Apple and Google phones went to Verizon that made all kinds of people switch from ATT and Sprint which gave them more customers along with converge area increasing now as a result and they still offered the unlimited data plan at that time which was another reason why customers switched because they could get that plan, however now you have to go with a tier data plan because the unlimited plan is no longer available to new customers, but one thing they are bringing out soon is share tier data plan which is one price you can pay for all phones instead of having a plan for each Smartphone, however I wouldn’t be surprised if Verizon brought back the unlimited data plan for the next iphone launch and then drop it again afterwards, which will give current customers and new customers the opportunity to get that plan and get even more for there money and make there bills cheaper, plus with the windows 8 phones coming out this year that will increase there customers even more and make there coverage on the map increase in service area’s that don’t have 4G/3G service, there voice plan prices are different depending on where you live so it varies which is why allot of people will say there prices are better then Sprint, there unlimited data plan is allot cheaper then what Sprint’s unlimited data plan will cost, Verizon’s price is $29.99 where Sprint’s price will be $79.99 which is a little to high if you ask me, they need to lower that down to at least $39.99. Sprint has got allot of catching up to do with Verizon and ATT, but if you are one of the customers that still has the unlimited data plan instead of a tier data plan, keep it because it is a big plus to have today for any Smartphone you use, plus if you have a 4G Smartphone and a unlimited data plan with Verizon you can use the 4G Mobile Hotspot which is also unlimited which runs off your Smartphone, but that is only available if you have that plan and a 4G Smartphone. Getting 30 down and 14 up on my Razor Maxx is awesome; I was talking to a friend who was in Nevada and he was getting 50 down and 24up, they must have some good 4G service in that area where he was at, now that’s what I call bandwidth on a Smartphone, especially if you got the unlimited grandfather data plan from Verizon Wireless.[/citation]

79.95 is the phone plan and data plan , and 3g wise verizon and sprint are the same as in they both roam on each others towers

bruckheimer

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2012
Even at $79.95 that's way too expensive, how they expect someone to have more then 1 Smartphone with prices like that, that's crazy.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
family plans to add lines aren't much more i have an older contact of 64.95 unlimited data and phone, my wife added on is another $35 so 99.95 fo 2 phones unlimited data and 450 min a month but free mobile to mobile, most months we use 10-20 min of our 450

blakbird24

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
3G and 4G are meaningless terms. LTE on Verizon blows anything out of the water. I get 30 down and 14 up on my Razor Maxxx...

Getting 30 down and 14 up on my Razor Maxx is awesome; I was talking to a friend who was in Nevada and he was getting 50 down and 24up, they must have some good 4G service in that area where he was at, now that’s what I call bandwidth on a Smartphone, especially if you got the unlimited grandfather data plan from Verizon Wireless.

WOW that's absolutely incredible! Especially considering the maximum single-device data rate on LTE is 20Mbps! You must share with us your secret!

Again, i've managed 30 LTE phones for over a year now, and the fastest any of my employees (who travel all across the US) have EVER seen is about 18Mbps. I have not seen anything near that myself.

Some people are really just clueless when it comes to the networks they depend on.

bruckheimer

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2012
Yea that's fast all right, most of the new Smartphone’s only can get that kind of bandwidth because of the antenna they have, like the droid razr, droid razr maxx, samsung galaxy nexus, and the some htc models like the resound, plus Nevada happens to be a test city for the beta testing of 5G for Verizon Wireless, so that might be why it is faster there then others can get. 5G internet is going to be insanely fast which should be out by the end of this year, but only for mobile hotspot’s only, still that's going to be great for people who travel in the big city's and are in area's with that kind of coverage.

blakbird24

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
"5G" is a marketing term created by brands that utilize the new Wifi 802.11ac standard. It signifies dual band (split up/down channels), with a maximum data rate of 1.2Gbps. There are absolutely no phones that exist now, nor any in the works, that support this standard.

"LTE 2" or "Advanced LTE" is a term for the next step in LTE networks. It is currently being developed by Clearwire (that's right, the folks who brought us WiMax) for deployment on TD-LTE hardware (which incidentally excludes Verizon's entire network, built on FD-LTE hardware). The LTE network Sprint is currently deploying just happens to be built on TD hardware..which, doing the math, would lead us to believe that Sprint will likely be introducing a "5G" (or whatever marketing term they chose to use) network when LTE 2 is ready for primetime (Clearwire claims this to be Q2 2013). LTE 2 has a max theoretical bandwidth of 268Mbps, and a maximum single device rate of about 50Mbps.

Again, don't be so willing to suck down the crap Verizon tries to sell you.

G

@blakbird24

for one who claims that all wireless companies suck in general you seem to be direction quite a bit of hate towards verizon. while true that verizon is far from perfect at least i'm paying under $80 a month for unlimited internet and more minutes and texts than i will ever use in a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.