Sprint Ends Network Deal With Lightsquared

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Over the majority of last weekend family members and friends of mine had no service whatsoever in MN with Sprint. Massive outages like that can kill sales.

G

They were already rolling out their own LTE network so it's no big deal. Lightsquared needed Sprint more than Sprint needed them. Also, let's not forget Sprint will never have a top end network like Verizon or AT&T. I would not ever expect too much from them, I tried Sprint for a month and a half and it was so bad they waived my ETF and ported my number back to AT&T for me. I was really disappointed, I wanted to see them do well and succeed. I see they have this plan called "Network Vision" but it has been a year since they were talking about this and nothing has come to fruition yet. Sure let's celebrate them upgrading cell towers to increase capacity, things they should have done about 4 years or so ago.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
The company has vowed to press on, threatening the FCC with a lawsuit on the basis that the FCC's decision violates the company's constitutional rights.
Exactly what constitutional right did the FCC violate? To my knowledge, the constitution doesn't give Lightsquared free access to "airwaves" to establish a cellular network.... If those "airwaves" were reserved for satellite signals, Lightsquared had no reason to assume that the FCC would permit use for a cellular network.

Status
Not open for further replies.