Sprint Teases ''Industry First'' for February Event

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
I would be so happy if sprints big announcement was that they were switching to GSM technology.... so many new sexy phones would be available x_x

e1m0

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
I've had Sprint for years and usually get great signal here in the northern Chicago 'burbs. And the best part: Whenever I don't get signal, I get great signal roaming on Verizon!

slipdisc

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
Its HP's new WebOS tablet.
http://www.bgr.com/2011/01/13/hp-exec-alludes-to-webos-tablet-unveiling-at-february-9th-event-video/

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]galeciofamily0405[/nom]Blaine holds the phone the 'right' way....[/citation]

Hahaha, nice. Given his penchant for levitation, he will demonstrate how to hold an iphone the right way... by not holding it at all! He will then go on to eat a blackberry whole (after muttering in deadpan, "hey they called it a berry right, why cant I eat it?") Then, he will do a robot dance on an android phone until it shatters into 100 pieces and then walk across it barefoot.

Finally, getting to the end, he will make the big reveal (a phone he had been hiding behind his ear the whole time)... A PRE PLUS PLUS!

Ford75chero

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
I have worked for Sprint and At&T both in the last 4 years. I sold the original iphone and the 3gs and currently carry an EVO. My signal is awesome in comparison to GSM. But whats funny is the sprint vs verizon stuff. They share towers! Difference is in signal strength of any particular model phones (there are differences). GSM Not so good for data speed wise (or capacity wise now 2 gb? lol) I live in a 3g only area and I get 120-150k dloal, I can stream hulu, play black ops with approx 90ping all through my Evo. Its fast enough for me, never drops calls, has all the features and power you could want in a phone and Ive taken the battery out 3 times to clean it (since I got it two weeks before it was released) .... ..... I could go forever. Oh yea I can make a call left handed without a case, And if I want a case on the back of my evo the back glass wont break, and i almost forgot about that handy alarm clock bug. LOL :)

motamedn

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
i bet he is going to n unzip his blaine mask/costume and you will watch musclenerd jailbreak/unlock the CDMA iphone to work on sprint.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
yea, on spritn signal... i got 3g in the upper peninsula of michigan in a "town" with a population of 1500 people, staying with the wife's family 30 miles outside of said town, i get signal pretty much everywhere now... granted i had sprint before and switched to alltel due to bad reception bcak in 2003 , btu came back when they got bought out by verizon, very happy, they did alot of improvments

Status
Not open for further replies.