i need help. i cannot get away from this. hHave tried everything and it just shuts down comes on and ia on same screen. i read where you told someone to enable launch csm. mine is disabled but i cannot get to it it skips over it with no way to enable. this is my work laptop and i really need to get it unstuck.
A. Try just restarting the computer. Sometimes it is all you need.
B. Change the BIOS (aka Aptio Setup Utility) to its default settings and then restart the computer.
C. Try the following and see if it resolves the problem.
1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and change it to "enable".
2. Next select the "Security" menu and then select "secure Boot Control" and change to "disable".
3. Now select "Save & Exit" and press "yes".
4. Once you have done this, hold down the "power" button until the laptop turns off completely.
5. Now you want to power it back on and continually press the "F9" button for about ten seconds or until you are taken to the "Windows Recovery Menu".
6. In here select "Advanced Start Up" and then, once the recovery menu appears, select "Advance Options".
7. Choose "System Restore" and select a date prior to when the problem started.
The computer should now go through the restore process and then start normally for you.
D. As a last resort you may have to do a complete reinstall of Windows. If this is the case, you may want to try and access your drive through another computer, to see if you can get any personal data off of it before resetting the system.
MERGED QUESTION Question from pittbulgurl : "stuck on page"
my laptop was stuck on aptio setup utility but i enabled launch cms(?) anx now i am stuck on a page saying reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key. i turn it off and when turned back on its still on this page
Go to BIOS and change all settings to default, and restart. if a sata controller setting is present to AHCI, change that and restart. If the issue persists, check whether the HDD is being detected in the BIOS