SSD Missing Half Of Its Capacity

mrhuston

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
I have a 60 GB SSD and it says I have about 7 GB of free space even though a properties lookup of the C drive shows less than half of the drives capacity is used. I've checked Disk Management and see that there is only one main partition of the appropriate size along with a 100 MB reserved for the system. I have shown both hidden folders and files as well as protected system files. I've taken ownership and added admin rights to myself on all files so that I get a true reading of the space they are taking up. I have system restore, hibernation and paging turned off so they aren't holding a bunch of space for themselves. I have also checked for any folder that may be holding a Windows 10 install folder on my Windows 7 machine. Where else can the missing data be?

mrhuston

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
Thank you, the program found it: The Temp folder in my Windows directory wasn't owned by me and I didn't have admin rights (for who know what reason) to it so it wasn't showing me how much data was in it nor was disk cleanup working on it. Changing the rights revealed 27 GB in there and I got rid of them. Thanks again.