Ssd size for my average computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mg789setlogelo

Prominent
Jun 16, 2018
Hi there
My computer's boot time is really slow and can take up to 5 minutes to full function. My computer came with a 1tb Seagate 5400rpm hdd and I'm thinking of combining it with a 250gb or 120gb ssd. I have an acer i3 with 4gb. I mainly use it for coding, autocad, Microsoft program, a few small games and normal entertainment. I don't know if I should go for the 120gb ssd because I can't really play heavy duty games on my computer anyway and it would be cheaper, or should I get a 250gb ssd which I could also use in 3 years when I get a new computer. The 250gb ssd is almost double the price of the 120gb but I still have enough cash for the 250gb.

Solution
250GB or larger.

Yes, a 120GB drive will work, mostly.
An SSD needs 15-20% free space. So that gives you only about 80GB actual usable space in a 120GB drive.

You'll be managing that required free space more than is needed.

Evey day, we see people here who have a 120GB drive and crying about running out of space.
You'll be living with this drive for several years. Don't cheap out now.

USAFRet

Illustrious
250GB or larger.

Yes, a 120GB drive will work, mostly.
An SSD needs 15-20% free space. So that gives you only about 80GB actual usable space in a 120GB drive.

You'll be managing that required free space more than is needed.

Evey day, we see people here who have a 120GB drive and crying about running out of space.
You'll be living with this drive for several years. Don't cheap out now.

Solution

mg789setlogelo

Prominent
Jun 16, 2018

Haha don't cheap out now, best response. Thank you so much I shall get the 250gb SSD

mg789setlogelo

Prominent
Jun 16, 2018

O my gosh, that's unbelievable thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.