News Star Wars spinoff 'The Acolyte' has been scrapped — here's what you need to know

May 6, 2024
This was a show that SHOULD have rocked!
Instead, it was "lamer" than a 10 legged millipede.
Right from the start, it had a mystery but, instead, decided to spoon feed us the whole mystery.
Qimir is the woosiest Sith ever. There's NO WAY they could convince me he would have been Palpatine.

As far as potential? Definitely. But as usual with Disney, rather than fixing bad writing, they scrap the entire thing.
For the record, in case any Disney people ever read this: Solo sucked, but not for the reasons you think.
I said before it was even released, it would probably make for a great book, BUT NOT A MOVIE! Why? Because we saw young Solo! It was young Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford. You CANNOT replace certain characters and actors and then try to make it believable. Obi Wan? Yes, because we never saw a young Obi Wan. Solo? Hell no!

Aug 20, 2024
I say this respectfully but 18% on Rotten Tomatoes is not "fine." The Acolyte had high numbers at the start because the marketing was fair and people wanted to see a great show. It took the #1 spot during week 1 for that reason. But after week 3 it barely charter. Every article I read discusses the amazing views it received during the first week but then neglects to mention that people stopped watching it. I believe a lot of people continued to watch it just for the purposes of seeing how bad it actually was. And... if we are being honest.. it is the worst rated Disney+ show. It also happened to piss off fans and destroy the magic of the original movies. Suddenly Anikin isn't the only person born through the force. Suddenly Jedi are just regular people with powers and Sith are the superior ones. So many issues with the show.

So Disney knows a second season would be beyond dumb.

Aug 20, 2024
I say this respectfully but 18% on Rotten Tomatoes is not "fine." The Acolyte had high numbers at the start because the marketing was fair and people wanted to see a great show. It took the #1 spot during week 1 for that reason. But after week 3 it barely charter. Every article I read discusses the amazing views it received during the first week but then neglects to mention that people stopped watching it. I believe a lot of people continued to watch it just for the purposes of seeing how bad it actually was. And... if we are being honest.. it is the worst rated Disney+ show. It also happened to piss off fans and destroy the magic of the original movies. Suddenly Anikin isn't the only person born through the force. Suddenly Jedi are just regular people with powers and Sith are the superior ones. So many issues with the show.

So Disney knows a second season would be beyond dumb.
18%? Who cares what the audience thinks as long as the critics and execs tell us it's good? Kathleen Kennedy did the same thing. At least money still runs supreme...for now.

Despite all the problems you pointed out, the writing and directing was just bad. Everything was so juvenile. The critics were probably paid off by Disney to give good ratings to such garbage. But they seem to think the problem is the audience.