Stardew Valley “Getting Started” Story Quest Guide

Story Quest Information:
Quest Name: Getting Started
Quest Text: If you want to become a farmer, you have to start with the basics. Use your hoe to till the soil, then use a seed packet on the tilled soil to sow a crop. Water every day until the crop is ready for harvest.
Provided by: Package in room at start
Requirements: Cultivate and harvest a parsnip
Reward: 100g

Stardew Valley is an Adorable Game. The farming simulation, the virtual world has a bunch of quests that you will need to complete to win. The Quests are of varying levels of difficulty. I remember when I first started playing the game, I had difficulty in completing most of the tasks. I would spend hours looking for a particular person, or a specific place, and I would often need help to complete quests. Now that I have finished the game. I decided to help someone else.

Getting started is one of the easier quests, and you should complete it pretty early. Also, you won't be able to complete other quests, until you have completed the Getting Started Quest. It is a fairly basic, and simple quest and also a tutorial on growing crops.

Walkthrough
You will need to have to pick up a package of 15 Parsnip Seeds, to trigger the Quest. The package will be on the floor right in front of you on the first day when you wake up. It is the first quest that the game offers and chances are this will be the first quest that you will complete. To complete the quest, you need to do the following things in order:

1. The first thing that you will need to do is to clear out a bit of land. You will ideally want to clear fifteen squares of clear dirt. The dirt should be arranged in a two to three joined rows, to do this you will need to pull out your tools and clear a lot of room for tilling.
kWapgPM.jpg

2. You will also need to till the dirt, and for that, you will need a Hoe. Till all of the soil that you have cleared by using a Hoe.
Hr2rclA.jpg

3. Next, You will want to spread the Parsnips seeds on the tilled squares. Use the fifteen Parsnip seeds from the package. Ideally, you will find one Parsnips seed/ square.
iKtrW82.png

4. For the next four days, remember to Water the Parsnip Crops. You will not need to Water the Crops on a rainy day.
2SnDyMP.png

5. Once the Parsnips Crops have fully grown, you will then need to harvest and place them in the bin that can be found on the right side of your house.
MVhDkt7.jpg

Now, you can sell the Parsnips for a nifty bit of profit. The game will also reward you for completing the getting started the quest by gifting you 100 Gold. To collect your reward, you will need to open your journal (This can be done by either pressing J on your keyboard, or by clicking on the exclamation mark below the gold total. Once you are in the Journal, click on the reward at the bottom of your “Getting Started Category,” and voila you have completed the quest.

Getting started is one of the easiest Quest in Stardew Valley. You will complete it on the first try easily. If you run into a few snags; go through the Walkthrough to see where you went wrong. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.