Start up issues befor bios post

Apr 7, 2022
Hi, I am working on a Windows 10 machine for my Grandson. The problem is on cold start. Once it finally boots it runs great. Warm reboots no issues. What it does once the power button is pressed, the lights come on, the fan runs for about 3 seconds and stops. That repeats 3 to 5 times, then boot normally.

I replaced the power supply and made sure everything was seated.. He was having some other issues once running so it's a fresh install of Windows 10 and all updated.

The machine is in a Enermax Starryfort SF 30 case, Intel b75 motherboard, I7 processor 16 gigs of Viper pc3 1500 ram, and a Zotac 1060 video card

Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks in advance
Rick

Apr 7, 2022
Ok, I think the problem is solved. It appeared that it was a defective case part to do with the lighting. This is a gaming case with several fans and one fan had a led light and there were a couple of other led lights in the case. I don't do gaming or gaming cases so I don't have a clue as to what this is, but once it was disconnected everything worked as it should.
The part is a 6 way sync cpu cooling fan addressable rgb lightning pcb splitter for extended motherboard interface

Thanks to all that responded