About 3 weeks ago I got new headphones. The first few weeks they were fine but then I've been hearing a static noise when I plug them in. I've tried vacuuming it out and that worked but then it happened again. Any ideas of what it could be?
Does it happen on other headphones or an external speaker? Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Sound card driver.
- Reboot your laptop once uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically upon reboot.
- If it wouldn't install, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Do also run Windows Update and install all updates available,
- If all these will not work the problem lies in the audio port itself.