Static speaker noise on Acer Aspire laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missmonkey

Estimable
Mar 14, 2015
I have a Acer Aspire laptop, lately I have been getting the weirdest static noise whenever I have music on, a youtube video or when I play world of warcraft. It seems to get even worse when I move my mouse around, I have changed mouses to make certain that was not the problem. It doesn't matter if I have headphones on or not, or if the computer is plugged in or not. I have tried having my husband uninstall and reinstall the audio driver in case it was corrupted, I may have him try again, but I am still so confused and unsure of what to do.

This is a big problem for me, can anyone help?

Solution
Hi Missmonkey

I had what I think is the same problem with an Acer Aspire E15 running Windows 8. The voices and sound distorted (dalek-like) and crackled when the cursor was disturbed.

Try uninstalling the ACER touchpad in the Control Panel / Device Manager. You'll find the touchpad under "HID" devices.I did this with mine and now touchpad and sound is OK.

Don't worry that you have no touchpad functions after you uninstall the pad. You can restart your computer via ctrl-alt-delete and cursors etc. If it works like mine did, when the computer reboots, the touchpad will reinstall.

Hope this cures your ills!

papalaz

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015
Hi Missmonkey

I had what I think is the same problem with an Acer Aspire E15 running Windows 8. The voices and sound distorted (dalek-like) and crackled when the cursor was disturbed.

Try uninstalling the ACER touchpad in the Control Panel / Device Manager. You'll find the touchpad under "HID" devices.I did this with mine and now touchpad and sound is OK.

Don't worry that you have no touchpad functions after you uninstall the pad. You can restart your computer via ctrl-alt-delete and cursors etc. If it works like mine did, when the computer reboots, the touchpad will reinstall.

Hope this cures your ills!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.