Question Methods to restore corrupted combined program files made into zip files

Irene_16

Honorable
Aug 7, 2017
How can I restore corrupted zip files comprised of many different extension file, created when running the program to repair Windows 11

I am just a basic user and know very little on how Windows or hardware works.
I have many files that have been corrupted and changed into zip files and they contain many different files with different extensions. Some of the files are look just like code or numbers and letters but some I can see multiple different file names with different extensions and I have tried extract them WinRAR, but I am just a user and do not know enough about all the advertised programs that state they can fix corrupted files or if they are scams.
I had many problems with my Acer Nitro 5 5567 laptop with files moving, being renamed, OneDrive turning on and off and doing backups and loosing files and then programs not working and I ran Trend Micro Maximum Security nightly and had there programs on the web browsers and I was extremely careful what I opened. Files were being deleted and moving around including Windows 11 files like Documents folder, pictures and then working files. There were many there weird things going on so I called Acer for help many times, Trend Micro and Microsoft and was assured there were no viruses and so I decided to purchase another virus program and then I ran Windows 11 Security and they found multiple Trojans, Malware and PUP's. I again called Trend Micro and the technician took over my laptop he said to see for himself what the problems were and then he started running cmd line items and then he had me connect my backup drives and he really did not communicate with me despite me constantly asking him what he was doing or not to do something but he had control of my laptop and then he ran a program to repair Windows 11 which came back with multiple errors reflecting many missing Windows 11 files (or corrupted then) and it deleted many of my data files again and then the many of the few I have remaining are corrupted and are enclosed inside zip files and they contain multiple different file extensions or numbers and letters or code type information. When I hover over the zip files sometimes I can see file names and their extensions so (or changed extensions) and I tried to change the extensions and unzip them and of course I received error messages stating they were corrupted and I could not open them. It also created many duplicated files and some that have the same name contain different files. The files contained mp4, other video files, Excel, photos, snapshots, Documents, different embroidery file extensions, quilting files, pdfs, etc., course files all inside created zip files if not outright deleted. Program files were also moved and duplicated and I need to do a clean install but I tried to contact Microsoft and Acer, and Trend but after the damage was done I was told it was out of their scope of work to help any.

I had Trend Micro tools on my browsers and I used all of their tools. I was very careful on any site I visited but let my grandson borrow it one day and did not watch him. I have been hacked 7 times and had to report fraud to my banks.

OneDrive would turn on and off and do backups and I went over my limit and it also lost me many files and I again contacted Microsoft for help and I was given Community instructions which I followed and I was told that if I did a backup then it would retrun my files to my laptop but instead it removed them from my laptop and deleted the files. I was able to remember some file names and using the online backup I used search and some files showed up but I did not know all file names, including all my bank downloads and statements for bank accounts which were closed because of the fraud and the bank created new account numbers and if I want the information back I have to pay an upfront fee and then per sheet fee just like my medical records.

I spoke to repair firms and basically their reply was there was no way to restore and they would help me do a clean install.

Most of the checking tools were run like DISM, Scan/ now with the switches, chkdsk and many more.

I cannot re-download most of the files that are corrupted or deleted because I do not know all of the files I lost so I do not know who to contact and either the companies no longer exist or not willing to allow me to reinstall the programs with out purchasing updates or say it would take hours to try and help me and they did not have the time.

I would appreciate any and all help that I can get and thank you for your time.

Irene_16

Honorable
Aug 7, 2017
they are correct. no way to restore.

do a clean install. and don't anyone use your pc that you also use for banking online

also, always backup your important data to multiple location
I had multiple backups but I also had a faulty virus program that kept reporting no problems despite running a scan nightly on my full system and my backups. So of course they contained multiple Trojans and when I ran Microsoft Security software after I purchased another companies program as I felt there had to be a problem it was too late. All my backups contained the same Trojans, malware and PUP's and my main one was connected per the technician when he ran his cmds and then the program to fix Windows and not to restore Windows 11 without removing your programs or data. I realize I had to do a clean install but I was also asking how I could remove the multiple copies without having to do them one by one and then I can only follow the instructions Microsoft emailed me to do a clean install but that will not help me learn how to reset up my gaming computer which I needed for my embroidery and quilting programs.

Irene_16

Honorable
Aug 7, 2017
Try using file recovery software or re-download the files from their original sources if available.
As I stated I am just a user and there are multiple listed recovery programs and I have no idea which ones to trust and I stated I could not re-download most of my data as many of the companies have gone out of business or no longer sell the items I purchased or I would have to re-purchase it.

Irene_16

Honorable
Aug 7, 2017
Thank you for your reply and I realize I will have to do a clean install of Windows 11 but I have never done this before and I did obtain basic instructions from Microsoft on how to create a boot drive but I do not want to mess that up also as I cannot afford a repairman again right now so I am also trying to obtain help on what exactly I need to do to completly do the Clean install but also how to correctly set up and update my Acer Nitro 15 5567 with such things as updating drivers and and components.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Thank you for your reply and I realize I will have to do a clean install of Windows 11 but I have never done this before and I did obtain basic instructions from Microsoft on how to create a boot drive but I do not want to mess that up also as I cannot afford a repairman again right now so I am also trying to obtain help on what exactly I need to do to completly do the Clean install but also how to correctly set up and update my Acer Nitro 15 5567 with such things as updating drivers and and components.
See this guide on our sibling site: