Steelcase Gesture vs Leap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emitfudd

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017
I have been looking online at the Gesture and the Leap. I watched quite a few review videos. They both look comfortable but the consensus is that the Leap is a bit more comfortable.

Never again will I waste money on a gaming chair. I have a DX Racer that i hate. It creaks if you breathe. I think it's time to spend the money on a high quality chair. Stressless are arguably the best but way too expensive.

The Gesture has better armrests but I was under the impression at first that they moved with you. The videos I watched look more like having to press a button up under the armpad to adjust it. I also tend to leave my armrests in the same position so that feature doesn't really sway my decision. I like that the Gesture has the seat depth adjustment with just a knob twist but again, I will extend the seat to the longest depth and never adjust it again. I like that the front of the seat on the Leap has flex to it. I get a lot of pressure behind my legs in my DX Racer.

I was leaning toward the Gesture but now I'm not sure. I'm all ears if anybody has either of these. I already compared the measurements to my current chair and it is suitable for me at 6'1" and 230 lbs.

emitfudd

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017
I decided to buy a refurbished Leap V2 from Crandall. $1300 chair for $648. I like that they replace pretty much everything on the chair. New cylinder, casters, armpads, seat and back foam and new upholstery in the color of my choice. I am going to replace my home office chair with this one. If I like the Leap I will then buy a second one to replace my POS gaming chair. If I don't like the leap, I'll buy a Gesture.

Status
Not open for further replies.