steelseries arctis 3 (bluetooth) jack problem

Jun 28, 2018
I recently purchased a pair of ss arctis 3 bluetooth headphones. When using the bluetooth features, both the left and right side of the headphones have sound and there is no problem. however, when i use the 3.5mm audio jack in any device, i only get sound through the left earcup where the wires are connected. I’ve plugged the headphones into my 2016 macbook pro and xbox one s. Both being plugged in gave the same result: only sound in the left earcup. I do use the bluetooth feature on the macbook and on my iphone x and have no problems; only when i use the jack is there a problem. Using regular plugged in earbuds never gave me this issue. I’ve tried shifting the audio balance only to my right ear on my macbook and there is no sound present at all. Is there any way to fix this issue?

It sounds like a connection issue in the wire that goes from the plug to the headphones.

The conductor of the wire (the copper strands inside) can break inside the insulation and you won't even see it. Everything looks good but it's broken inside. This usually happens near the plug....but also near the headphones.

Jun 28, 2018

So what would you recommend I do? I bought these off of amazon (certified refurbished) and steelseries has terrible customer service. I have no knowledge on how headphones work; I just want the headphones I paid for to work properly.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from padethkane : "no more audio on gaming headset"

G

Send them back to Amazon, (they have a documented returns policy, see website).

In future stay away from refurbished products, if I can't afford brand new I save up until I can or just put it out of my head.