Steve Jobs Doll Draws Legal Threats from Apple

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NucDsgr

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
What is the difference between Ticks and Lawyers?

Tics will not suck the blood of dead people while lawyers continue to feed on.

I hope Apple loses this one.

Even if these dolls fall in the hands of those in Redmond who would stick long hat pins in their eyes and bodies.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
The firm that landed Apple as there clients has struck gold. Probably they have a bust of the guy that brought them in, togather with a yearly celebration of "Apple signing day".

deanjo

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
[citation][nom]azncracker[/nom]Apple does not own Steve Jobs. Steve Jobs is not a trademark of Apple.[/citation]

How amazingly short sighted. You are assuming that Apple is not a part of the beneficiaries to his estate. If they are, they most certainly sue. The Elvis Presley estate has been doing it for decades and retain the rights to his likeness.

triggagnomic

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
[citation][nom]nieur[/nom]to keep the track of who they are suing apple must be requiring more man power in their legal department than any other department[/citation]

Surely they have an elite team of accountants specifically to keep track of how many lawyers they employ and another team of accountants just to keep track of all the people they're currently suing?

poxenium

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
The next step would be for Apple to sue itself and win. Sorry if it already happened, I didn't follow the entire legal history of Apple.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
[citation][nom]madooo12[/nom]well is anyone allowed to depict Jesus, i thought so[/citation]

Dude, no one even knows what Jesus looked like, that's why you get all those jokes about him being black/a woman/disfigured.

And for the record, despite the fact that no one knows exactly what he looks like, yeah, he's depicted ALL THE TIME. He's in paintings in churches, The Vatican, the Last Supper, on advertisements, as figurines, in mangers on christmas, EVERYWHERE.

Your argument holds no water.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Cmon. Apple should take up this themselves and let people have their Steve Job's action figure! They could officially licensed it to toy companies like Mattel etc. In fact it could be bigger than iPhone and iPad combined! Imagine a whole new franchise...Steve jobs actuion figures, movies (Maybe Jean-Luc Picard as Steve Jobs?), video games, crossover (SteveJob vs CapCom!), Fast Food franchise (McJobs!...and have people dressed up at SteveJob as the official mascot!), soft drinks (Jobs-Cola!), alcohol beverages (Steve's Shandy!)....there could be BILLLIONS in this business people!!!!

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]guardianangel42[/nom]Dude, no one even knows what Jesus looked like, that's why you get all those jokes about him being black/a woman/disfigured.And for the record, despite the fact that no one knows exactly what he looks like, yeah, he's depicted ALL THE TIME. He's in paintings in churches, The Vatican, the Last Supper, on advertisements, as figurines, in mangers on christmas, EVERYWHERE.Your argument holds no water.[/citation]
OK so just because you can depict him doesn't mean you can depict our prophet

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]sublime2k[/nom]Again with the visionary bullsh*t.[/citation]

Tom's Hardware commenters who are also anti-Apple fanboy trolls?!?!

No way!

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]snowy57[/nom]Also, with this doll donate some of the sales to people who have NOTHING! Don't do what Steve did with never helping the poor. I guess before he die he needed to set aside alot of cash for heaven, you know things up there are as expensive as Apple products!!!Ms. Jobs, Start donating some of those billions of dollars. Don't be like your cheap husband.Don't get me wrong, Steve Jobs made this world a really more interesting place to in live, But boy was he cheap!!!In the beginning when Jobs and Apple hit it big, Steve could not even share the wealth with his engineers who made Apple and him rich, the other partners wanted to share, he refused. Furthermore Jobs was so cheap he didn't even get the best medical care to save his own life!!![/citation]

Hard to donate money when you make a dollar a year, I'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.