Steve Jobs Takes the Stage at iPod Event

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Jobs went on to announce that...iPod Touch and iPhone users can look forward to a bunch of new features and bug fixes
But I thought Apple was too good to get bugs? You spend all your time in commercials bashing PC and Vista but now you are telling your users that they can look forward to bug fixes and patches! Oh that's the air of arrogance and hypocrisy I see.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Steve Jobs is a brilliant visionary, and a shrewd businessman. Simultaneously, he is an egomanical jerk who has succeeded largely because of luck and the efforts of those around him (like Steve Wozniak). Personally, I can't stand him because of the crap he pulled with his daughter (denying paternity and forcing her to live on welfare). But that's just me. I guess there are people who are ok with a person like that.

G

So basically his computers can't get upgraded, but he can??? That's not fair now, is it?

david__t

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2003
The main reason that this is so ridiculous is due to the fact that the entire future of Apple seems to rest on the life or death of 1 man. If you position your company so that 1 person is responsible for stock prices changing every time he gets out of bed then that is not a healthy position to be in. I for one will not be sorry to see the over priced devices dissapear from our shelves however...

Enough with the apple hate & steve jobs hate. He just had major surgery. We should be wishing him well, not calling him the devil so to speak.

I agree, apple does rely too much on steve. That might also be because he does a damn good job. Well, that and all of the publicity he gets. And yes, apple *could* live without steve; they just might fade into the background a bit.

As for his daughter: how would you like someone insulting how you deal with your family? His daughter, his choice. Perhaps there was a good reason he chose that path.

G

This was overhyped from the get go. No Beatles no camera for the Touch and no new iPod. This news did not require a event. Any other company would have just made a announcement and be done with it.
Lately these events have been so boring its really taken away from the ideal of the event.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]ssddx[/nom]Enough with the apple hate & steve jobs hate. He just had major surgery. We should be wishing him well, not calling him the devil so to speak.[/citation]
Listen, if you think for a second that this guy didn't go to Switzerland or Sweden to get his treatment then you are nuts. Bullsh_t that he went to a local public hospital. He is a billionaire (who was) at the doorsteps of death so believe me, he used everything he's got to get the best treatment in the World - we all would! The point is, I feel for those poor souls who die daily because they can't get the treatment that they deserve due to lack of money, so no, I don't feel anything for this guy. He had his fun in this World, stealing ideas and money left and right. You think Bill Gates is bad? Hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.