Strange artifacts on display randomly and while gaming (CS Condition Zero), what could it be a result of?

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Hi,

So my laptop has started getting these strange artifacts recently and randomly, like yesterday nothing and today they start appearing from time to time, especially during my sessions in CS CZ. My laptops config is i7 4700MQ CPU at 2.4GHZ, Nvidia GT 755M GPU, 8GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Win 10 64-Bit.

I used realtemp to monitor the levels, the CPU reached a peak of 84 once throughout the half hour session and GPU did not go higher than 69 Degree. Ive used the laptop at similar temperatures before as well but no artifacts appeared then so it doesnt seem to be an overheating problem.

Ive attached a picture to highlight the issue.

Could any of you help me figure out why this is happening and what should I do to rectify the problem?

8b5j3Mh.png

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

Underclocked by a 100 Mhz, voltage cant get any lower its at -31.3 mv according to nvidia inspector. No change.

If this only happens in one game, check for updated drivers for the chipset and video card. A BIOS update may help also but that is less likely to do anything, just to rule anything out. Try running on one RAM stick at a time if you have more than one stick.

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

I did, oddly enough when I'm using my laptop cooler the same thing doesnt happen. But even without the cooler on way more intensive games (Like battlefield 3) the glitches dont appear. Only in CZ.