Strange video issue on notebook

ubieca99

Estimable
Oct 6, 2015
So, this is my situation currently. I have a Fujitsu Lifebook S7110 with a rather strange issue. When i got it, the original display was cracked, but displayed white when the notebook was powered on. I got a new one and connected it up, but nothing: it would only display a solid red colour. I thought that was strange and connected it to external display via the integrated VGA connector, this time everything was normal, the computer booted and i was even able to reinstall Windows with it. I thought the LVDS cable going to the display was faulty so i bought a new one, but the same issue occured. Then i went to a computer guy to try out some displays that he had laying around. Absolutely none of them worked with some of them not even powering on, while others just displayed solid white, the only difference was my display which as i said previously displayed solid red colour. This laptop has a small led display instead of status led's. I noticed that when connected to the internal display almost none of the icons lid up like harddrive and wi-fi, only power and ac power, but when disconnected from a display or connected to the external everything lights up. Can someone suggest solution to this peculiar problem because i'm completely confused at this point.

Hi,

Since both the display and cable has been replaced have you check the port where the cable for your display is being connected to? Check for physical damaged because the fact that you already did replaced both display and cable the problem may lie on the display port. Also it's possible that the port is loose, try using a sticky tape with it when you connect the LCD cable into it's port that might do the trick.