News Streaming service cancelations are on the rise — here's what I'd keep

Apr 21, 2022
Disney cancelations have nothing to do with budget tightening. Not that I'd expect you to report the obvious when it goes against the narrative.

I canceled mine because no corporation should feel it has a right to tell parents what their very young children should be taught by professionals who can't seem to act professionally enough to keep their private lives private. This way lies madness and I won't support it.

I won't support Netflix because their content is 89% trash and their greed is ridiculous. HBO is half decent and prime is unavoidable.

I guarantee I'm just one of many.

Apr 21, 2022
I agree. Parents are fed up with Disney's attack on children and the traditional family. Unfortunately, they are no longer in the quality entertainment business.

Netflix has a few good offerings and does a decent job with 4k and Dolby Atmos, but you have to wade through a ton of unusual foreign stuff along with imdb under 4.0 rated content. Their thumbs up and down rating is useless. Highest cost isn't helping them either.

Agree about HBO and Prime. The BEST platform streaming for movies is the CRITERION CHANNEL! Some of the best movies ever made and it's only $100/yr. ($8.33/mo).

I do wish one of the services would focus more on offering 4k and Dolby Atmos versions of good movies. That is worth spending a bit extra on.

Reactions: DAPetty
Apr 21, 2022
I agree. Parents are fed up with Disney's attack on children and the traditional family. Unfortunately, they are no longer in the quality entertainment business.

Netflix has a few good offerings and does a decent job with 4k and Dolby Atmos, but you have to wade through a ton of unusual foreign stuff along with imdb under 4.0 rated content. Their thumbs up and down rating is useless. Highest cost isn't helping them either.

Agree about HBO and Prime. The BEST platform streaming for movies is the CRITERION CHANNEL! Some of the best movies ever made and it's only $100/yr. ($8.33/mo).

I do wish one of the services would focus more on offering 4k and Dolby Atmos versions of good movies. That is worth spending a bit extra on.

Couldn't agree more-think we're in the majority on this one.

However, I know I'm in the minority when I say I'd like to see a streaming service with 3d movies. I love my 3d TV and it's super sad that 3d, being nothing more than a gimmick in most movies, died such a horrible death.

Apr 21, 2022
Interesting! Never watched a 3D TV. I enjoyed 3D since going to St. Paul Federal Savings Bank as a kid to watch Creature from the Black Lagoon. (Effects were great! No idea why they showed movies). I've seen several 3D movies at the theater and unfortunately, wasn't impressed. Prometheus didn't seem to gain anything from 3D. I'll be on the lookout to try the experience sometimes...thank you!

CJBLV

Prominent
Mar 27, 2021
I keep
Tubi
Pluto TV
Shout Factory TV
(Amazon Prime is bundled with my internet and phone)

If I need to binge on Netflix, or Hulu? It's 1 month and then cancel! I don't do Disney+ for too many reasons (ie such as this greedy Bob Chapek regime!)

I have zero interest in adding anything else because I don't have the free time to binge watch !

Apr 23, 2022
Pureflix runs about the same rate as Netflix, family friendly and educational.
Only downside is that it needs to add game console platforms
Currently I keep: Prime (no brainer), Tubi (free local), Pluto (free), and splurge on Pureflix.
Gave up Netflix this month due to lack of truly new content that is relaxing to watch.
Life is chaotic without additional crime stories or movies that I own on DVD.
Prime also often charges for movies that are old / on DVD or should be free; however its part of prime membership so its kept. I'd say Amazon Prime survives because it is bundled with shopping services.