Question Streaming video to TV

bodo1612

Estimable
May 17, 2018
Hy all, i have a question , i have a laptop connected to my 4k tv and i see that the video quality when streaming video is better when i use an external hdd direct to tv than when i play video from my laptop . I tried vlc, bsplayer and other , the quality is mutch better from hdd to tv .Why is that , is it the hdmi cable ? I think i have a good hdmi cable i can use 4k resolution 60hz from laptop to tv . Or do i need an Mini DP to HDMI cable ( 4k , 60hz) to get better quality in movies ? My configuration is Intel i7 9'th series , video 2060 RTX, it has both hdmi and miniDP .

bodo1612

Estimable
May 17, 2018
My TV is Sony 55xe7077 , from Sony page it supports : 4096 x 2160p (24,50,60 Hz), 3840 x 2160p (24,25,30,50,60 Hz) .
I tried resolution all resolutions , 4k, 2k, full HD , at 60Hz , the same result, still cant match the clarity from HDD direct to TV , tried vlc, bsplyer and media player classic .
Found on same page that hdmi is 2.0 on tv.

How is the video quality better? Keep in mind that the video processing the TV does is different than what the laptop does. The issue is not likely to be anything with the connection type you are using, it's simply playing the video using two different ways. It's like having two cooks making a steak, even if you have the same steak (video) how they make it will be different (player software and video processing).

First check on what the differences are in the two videos, then look at the options in the players to adjust things like contrast, sharpness, brightness, etc... to try to match what you like.