Street Fighter X Tekken: Finally Fighting Together

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

omikron48

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
What happens when Tekken characters eat a hadouken in the face? How will they even out the super moves/finish and projectiles available in Street Fighter with the hand-to-hand chain combos of Tekken? Will it like that time Link appeared in Soul Calibur 2?

stevesauce

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
"This is terribly stupid! Instead of joining efforts, they compete against each other. And fans will be confused about which one to get..Many of them may end up buying both :x . And guess what? each company will make its characters more powerful than the others!!"

I don't think so. Genuine fans will be able to tell a Capcom engine from a Namco engine. AND what is wrong with buying both? It's good for the company and in return it's good for the consumers. And no, fighting games will always try to keep a balance. All that "tier" bs goes down the drain when a "low-tier fighter" wins a tournament.

killerb255

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
It's a remarketed Namco X Capcom--except it's appealing to the proper fans.

The original Namco X Capcom was an SRPG. As much as I like RPGs, I understand taht not every fighting game fan likes them...

Mysteic

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
So the games are fighting over which version is a better cross over fighting game? Should I start taking bets now?

vfighter

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Steven Bancroft[/nom]Why on earth would they make 2 versions of the same game? Could they not agree on the use of super moves or something? And who in their right mind would want to buy both? I definitely wouldn't have liked it if they made Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and then I had to buy Capcom vs. Marvel 2 to play all the characters.[/citation]

My understanding is because you will be using 2 different fighting styles. The Capcom made game will be using Street Fighter game mechanics, the Namco made game will use Tekken game mechanics. Since Capcom made Marvel style fighting games themselves before the Vs. series, i.e. X-Men and what not, and those games already used basic Street Fighter game mechanics there was no need to make 2 different Vs. games because all the characters were controlled the same way. So in Street Fighter X Tekken you will be using controls like fireball motions and dragon punches. In Tekken X Street Fighter you will use tap tap punch/kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS