Stuck in Projector Mode

jwsherritt

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
My Lenovo laptop has this hiccup where when it restarts it restarts in projector mode and thinks the projected monitor is it's primary display. I've tried the Fn keys and windows key + P. But I cannot get it to go back to the laptop screen. It's not the first time it's done this. It has reverted itself before, I just don't know why. Thanks in advance

Solution
Try right clicking on the desktop background and then choose "Display Properties". Make sure you go into it in "Advanced Mode" and check to make sure it is set to show on the correct display.

To get it to stay on/work, you may have to connect the projector while you make the change and then disconnect the projector after you have your laptop display showing correctly again.
Try right clicking on the desktop background and then choose "Display Properties". Make sure you go into it in "Advanced Mode" and check to make sure it is set to show on the correct display.

To get it to stay on/work, you may have to connect the projector while you make the change and then disconnect the projector after you have your laptop display showing correctly again.

Solution