Student Portable Laptop

xperator

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
1_What is your budget?
500-700$
2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15" or below
3_What screen resolution do you want?
its not important
4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable
5_How much battery life do you need?
above 2 hours
6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
yes, COD4, Mirrors Edge, Overlord, Rainbow Six vegas
medium or high
7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
playing multimedia stuffs,surfing web, programing C++
8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
not much
9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
None
10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2 years
11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
i am student and i go to university. i want a light weight laptop for ultra portable.
12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
i prefer buy from Dell brands

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
for that budget and the games you want to play it pretty much can't be done not at $500-700 and not a dell either. You'll either have to lower your expectations or up your budget. Sorry to burst your bubble but $500-700 for an ultraportable that can play games like those will not happen

xperator

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
but i am not gamer, i said i am student. i only want best laptop that i can get for perfomance and easy mobility.

xperator

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
wtf man ? pre defined quiz ask about playing games with your laptop, i said yes then i only tell some examples. i meant that i may play these games in future if my budget let me do this. gaming is not critical for me. just need advice for an ultraportable laptop that has good perfomance for it price.

i am not gamer, i have just ask that question ffs. maybe i should try somewhere else for asking .... i dont know really whats wrong with you.

core2drew

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
chill out, man. overclockingrocks was just trying to point out the conflicting points of interest in your 'questionaire'.

it's obvious that your focus is more geared towards mobility rather than gaming performance. given that, there are a couple of relevant follow-up questions.

1) what are you studying? computer science? some engineering discipline? i ask to get a feel for how much horesepower you may want to have.

2) any weight preferences/needs? with respect to what size battery you'd be sporting, for example.

phoenix777

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
HP laptops are generally pretty cheap
I have a 2.0GHz CPU, nVidia 8600 and 2GB RAM, plays COD4 and Mirror's Edge perfectly fine with decent details. Try to find a HP similar to that and you should be all set.