Study and gaming laptop

Zebrakatten

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
I am looking to buy a laptop to use when I go to the University. I will be studying Digital Design which is a mix of design, graphic work and project planning. I need the laptop to be able to handle the graphic work and maybe some slight 3D rendering. It would be nice if I could play on the laptop as well.

1. What is your budget?
Around 1600 pounds.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Around 15", I need to use it for graphics work

3. What screen resolution do you want?
At least 1600x900

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
It is not important.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I would like to play games like League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Sims 3 and Age of Empires 3 on medium or higher setting but this is not as important as the graphic work.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photo and video editing, it is most important that it is good at photo editing. Maybe som 3D rendering but not much if any at all.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
250+

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I am not considering anywhere specific right now.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 3 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM and writer.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I have no preferred brands and I will look at both PC and MAC.

13. What country do you live in?
Denmark

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I am looking more for suggestions and help in what I should be looking for, like graphics cards, CPU, screen, RAM and the like than specific computers and/or sites. Not that I would mind suggestions for specific computers.

Zebrakatten

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
That one looks pretty good but I would like to have a few to choose between... And I can't find that computer in Denmark, I might buy online but I would prefer to buy from Denmark as I would like a computer with æøå.