Stupid Thief Uploads Pictures of Self from Stolen iPhone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]You're just one of those fuckups that insults people because they don't use what you use.Grow the fuck up.[/citation]
And throwing insults back while cursing every other sentence makes you more mature...

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
When the phone is smarter than the thief and/or user things get interesting :)

Makes me wonder how many 'amateur' sites have photos of girlfriends/wives on them with GPS data in the EXIF info!

Typical SmartPhone user reply... "EXIF what?" :)

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]Tomshardware, full of grown men and teens with the minds of children. First thing I see is people bashing the iPhone instead of actually commenting on the article. Amazing really, because you don't enjoy a product (Not because it is a bad product, but because YOU don't like it) you feel the need to insult those who do use it, bash the company, bash everything about it. Like a child that doesn't like the red sucker, not because of the flavour, but just because the child doesn't like red. So the child bullies and insults the kid that likes the red one.Amazing really. This is exactly like religion. "YOU DONT LIKE ANDROID?! YOU'RE STUPID!""YOU DONT LIKE IPHONE? YOU'RE STUPID!"Who says "without religion there would be no war" is a complete idiot.[/citation]Actually, if it were children, they would be using "gay" instead of stupid.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
[citation][nom]acerace[/nom]@sacre So ironic. And, why did you so butthurt of this? Did the statement kill you? Make you QQ like a baby?Now listen here, the rule of foruming is, Don't feed the troll. Follow that rule, and you'll live happily.[/citation]
"QQ"? "butthurt"? Really?
and "Don't feed the troll"?
First off, there are no "trolls", and there isn't any irony in what he said. Second, please think before typing and making yourself look like a complete idiot.
This is exactly why I'm ashamed to be part of my generation.

aaron_s

Honorable
May 17, 2012
This is TOTALLY HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!
What a jerk, steals someone's phone and uploads pics; thinks mighty big of himself...

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
First thing I see is people bashing the iPhone instead of actually commenting on the article.

I think people are tired of hearing about the iPhone at every turn. Why carry the article in the first place?

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]I think people are tired of hearing about the iPhone at every turn. Why carry the article in the first place?[/citation]
You can do what I do. I scan the article titles and I read topics I'm interested in and skip the rest. It's a simple yet effective method.

Of course, this would never occur to the trolls who can't seem to stay out of discussions they claim not to care about yet still bother to post anyway. Several times.

andyp363

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]"Dumb enough to let it get stolen" lol you're quite the fuckin moron aren't you? It doesn't matter who you are or what phone you have, you have a chance of losing it. Takes 5 seconds, leaving it on a table as you check something else, someone swipes it.You're just one of those fuckups that insults people because they don't use what you use.Grow the fuck up.[/citation]

Thats why it is retarded to leave a £500 phone unattended or not, sitting on a table, sensible people keep it in their hands or in their pocket while in busy/crowded areas.
Its called asking for trouble leaving it out on a table, but I suppose iphone owners do that a lot trying to show off that they have an iphone

someoneelse

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Ummm, on another note, this whole thing smells of propaganda for iCrap. I imagine this whole thing was staged as a way of doing publicity for Apple and that soon we will hear that the guy accidentally took the phone thinking it was his.[/citation]
yep disney cruises will really want to be involved with that one I'm sure. It's really publicity win for disney cruises - "come on a magical voyague where the staff will steal your stuff" ??? SRSLY - you believe what you type??

every single forum I visit apple are crap and android are brilliant. Seriously I can't be the only one suspecting "sock puppetry"?

someoneelse

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Obviously the guy if he stole the phone did not steal it to sell it, but rather to use it. So your assumption that he stole the iPhone because of demand is probably false.[/citation]

del35 - he was on a cruise so he couln't sell it right away so he had some fun with it first. simple really.

check ebay and see how much these things go for - you'd be suprised

jurassic512

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Ummm, he had to be really dumb to steal an iPhone. Why not steal a real smart phone like the Samsung Galaxy S2 or S3 or one of those flagship HTC phones, or even the Lumina 900? Using an iPhone is like throwing yourself in jail. Now imagine being locked up in jail for stealing an iPhone. It is like throwing yourself in jail twice! That guy has to be really really dumb. He surely deserves whatever comes his way.[/citation]

Not stupid if you look at the resale value of iPhones. D'oh!

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
It's true when we say people's brains have not yet caught up to technology.

But honestly, having someone from the cruise lines steal things? You can never trust anyone these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.