Subwoofer Bass Problem.

rossvlogs

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Hello, i was wondering to ask you guys if you could give me some home remedy's on suppressing bass from the sub woofer, the thing is my dad sits down stairs and i have a decent bass. Is there any home remedy's to suppress the bass that you guys have noticed?

mmphoneman

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
If your subwoofer is in a corner start by moving it away from the corner. Corner of a room intensify the bass response considerably! Second see if the sub has a separate volume control on it. If not try adjusting the bass control knob on the receiver. Hope this helps!

You will not be able to isolate the bass from going down stairs but if you can isolate the sub from the floor that will help. Try a piece of foam as a cheap start. You can also put the sub on cone shaped metal feet or spikes that reduce the contact area between the floor and sub (many subs come with these). There are also specifically made isolators made for this such as this
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GRAMMA?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&gclid=CIPGs_71qbUCFUXf4Aod_B4AEQ