Solved! Subwoofer making weird noises.

justin_kth

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Hi all,

So my subwoofers have been making really strange noises for hours at a time even if there isnt anything playing, even if my pc isnt even on. Just by it having its power on it has this constant noise. I tried switching out its wires with some old wires i had. Still makes the noises. Tried switching out the sub wires with the speaker wires still same thing. Also tried changing power plug points. Im pretty sure the problem lies with the subwoofer itself ? Dont know what though.. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !
Justin

Heres a link to a video i took showing the sound
.[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p2ecqEsI1E"][/video]

Solution
Sounds like the subwoofer amp is oscillating. I also hear what might be a problem with the speaker itself. I would want to connect the speaker itself to another amp to make sure that only the amp is bad. If both are bad and the sub is out of warranty then repair might be more costly then replacement. Contact the maker of the sub. Hope it's under warranty.
Sounds like the subwoofer amp is oscillating. I also hear what might be a problem with the speaker itself. I would want to connect the speaker itself to another amp to make sure that only the amp is bad. If both are bad and the sub is out of warranty then repair might be more costly then replacement. Contact the maker of the sub. Hope it's under warranty.

Solution

justin_kth

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017

Thanks for the answer. The speakers were silent though in the video? the sound was just coming from the sub itself. Im probably gonna claim the warranty. Its been only 3 months. I just needed confirmation with whats going on knew if it could be fixed or to claim the warranty.