Suggest a good phone please..!!

oops2001

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Hello..
I am going to buy a phone soon...my friend got a corby pro..and i absolutely loved it for all the features it has and its price ( 200 $ in india)...I am thinking of going with it..but thought it would be better to ask if any other phone is available with all the features it has or better around the same price range.

Other phones I have considered:
nokia c6 , x6 8GB ( i dont know the price etc. of it ), samsung jet...

oops2001

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Yes KM 900 is cheaper but its talktime is only around 3 hours vs samsung's jet 8 hours :( ...thats really bad.
Could u please confirm if samsung jet has support for instant messaging like yahoo etc. now...and how many widgets it supports or available..( is it possible to use widgets for the samsung corby pro in samsung jet bcse I guess both r u sing Touchwiz os...? )
thank you :)

oops2001

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
thnkx m8..
I was reading some of user's reviews in like 5-6 sites and almost 7 out 10 users said that samsung jet is very bad...cze of constant crashes nd poor functionality..restarts etc...now i am confused about going for it seeing large number of unfavorable responses..
I guess i should stick to corby pro or nokia c6 :(...what to do?

oops2001

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Well for some reason the mobiles stores here are saying samsung jet is not available..and not coming...mmmm
and c6 has not released yet..
5800 xpress is 295 $,,
corby pro is 214 $..

5800 is better in every department i guess but qwerty is lil tempting to me..atleast u dont have to deal with an on screen keyboard hiding what u r doing..

mmm more confusion lol

oops2001

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Yes personally I dont like 5800, I am bored of nokia.
I am still trying to find samsung s8000 jet here.
KM900 has a mere 1000 mAh battery..not good at all I guess for such a phone.
Could you suggest more phones please having 3g wifi , cam with flash, touch ones.
For now I am sticking with corby pro..(i still feel a flash would have been good with camera),, its cheap and with most functions.
thnks :)

Update: Well jet has been discontinued in india :(..samsung confirmed it.
now looking for good alternatives..

oops2001

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
yes i have seen it today and tested it with corby pro...though it has a capacitive screen and corby has resistive...there was hardly any difference at all...and both were equally bright and sharp to me..
Dont u think qwerty is little or big advantage?
( and they are exact same price)
thnks again :)