Suggestion for a CHEAP GAMING LAPTOP

jaypeeb421

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
1. What is your budget?
I am planning to get a laptop around December. I have no idea how much budget is needed for a gaming laptop since I am usually a PC gamer.
I am thinking of the budget around $500-700. ( I can stretch this if it is necessary or a must, otherwise I will stick with this budget)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Any size will do as long as it fits my budget and needs.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
I will mostly be plugging this to a bigger monitor.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Definitely a desktop replacement laptop.

5. How much battery life do you need?
To be honest I am not sure how to answer this. But this laptop will mostly be home rather than bringing it on a daily basis.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
YES! YES! I frequently play dota2, counterstrike, diablo 3 and the likes. Nothing too graphic intensive since I don't have a lot of time to play those games. :(

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
More on gaming.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
It does not matter but it will help if it has an SSD. I loved having an SSD on my PC so having one on my laptop will be great! But if it goes beyond my budget then I will have to cut the SSD. :(

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I will get this from a PC store.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I want to keep it as long as I can. Like my old c2q q6600 cpu. (3 years plus) I currently have an i3 3220 as replacement to this old quad.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
It does not matter.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I will base this on what I see on the PC stores I frequently visit. ASUS, Samsung, MSI, Lenovo, Toshiba. Since I am no expert in laptops I will appreciate it if you recommend me something with good quality for the price I have in mind.

13. What country do you live in?
Philippines

Solution
Yeah, the Lenovo IdeaPad Y410p should fit the bill.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y410p/

Note that the nVidia GT 750m / GT 755m are not as powerful as a desktop Radeon HD 7750.

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
If they have it there, then look into the Lenovo y410p, i think it's on sale right now for around $700 (at least here, it might be more expensive where you are, assuming they have it)

jaypeeb421

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
Thank you for your suggestion mc962 and jaguarskx.
I will try to check if this available here. If it isn't do you have any other suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it :)

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
My main issue is that I keep recommending laptops that are only sold here.

If you have issues finding y410p and don't want to ship it in, maybe look for an older model like the y400? It wouldnt be as good, but it would still probably get you pretty far

I don't know where your "here" is so click the link below to Lenovo's US site. At the top of the screen move the mouse to where it states "United States" to see other countries where to do business in.

http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/

jaypeeb421

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010

I checked it here but it is not yet available here. sigh :(