Question Suggestions for a budget Android Tablet that is not an Amazon tablet

Cyber_Akuma

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
1. Is This Your First Time Buying A Tablet?
No

2. Do you already have an operating system in mind?
Android

3. What screen size do you have in mind? And your preferred resolution (not required but helps)?
No Opinion

4. Preferred Brand(s) - (ex. Microsoft, Samsung, Asus, Apple)
Preferably a brand that comes with official Google Apps support

5. Brands Not Preferred (specify why) (ex. Hannspree, Acer, etc.)
Preferably no Amazon Fire or some random Chinese tablet that would fail SafetyNet security

6. How much do you want to spend on your tablet?
Looking for budgets of the $100, $200, and $300 range

7. Do you have cellular service? Or do you want the tablet to be WiFi only?
WiFi-only

8. If you do have cellular service, who is your provider and how much data are you allowed per month?
N/A

9. Do you want the tablet to be a full laptop replacement?
No

10. What existing apps do you use? What do you intend to do with this tablet?
So I am trying to help some of my relatives look for a tablet. They said it will be used by a manager for work, but that they want it to be games capable too, I guess for her kids. I am not sure how viable an iPad would be for this, especially since it would have to be an older model to fit within any of these budgets.

At first I was asked if this can be done for under $100, and I suggested that while it technically can, usually those tablets are of very low quality/specs and/or have tiny screens. I think the only ones that would fit in that pricepoint are some Amazon Fire mini-tablets and random Chinese tablets from Aliexpress that I would not trust at all, but I figured it might be best to ask here though just to be sure.

So I was also asked to look into a $200 pricepoint.

Out of those, the ones I was able to find was the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (2018) (Model ‎SM-T220NZAAXAR) for around $150 and the Lenovo Tab P11 Plus (‎ZA940188US) for around $210. I didn't even know Lenovo made Tablets, I would normally side with the Samsung, but the Lenovo seems to have slightly higher specs in every category and four times the storage (32GB vs 128GB... 32GB seems rather small for 2022, especially if there will be games on it) so I was going to suggest that. However, the $210 price point appears to have been a sale and it's at $250 now.

After I pointed this out, I was told to also look into ones with a $300 pricepoint just to see if there was any better options over that $250 option. And I was not able to find much suggestions for tablets in this range. Most of the "budget" laptop lists I found seemed to have no idea what "budget" means, listing $700 tablets next to $80 ones as if they were comparable, or the list being dominated by old iPads and Amazon Fire tablets.

So does anyone have good recommendations for a tablet like this that isn't an Amazon Fire or not-officially-supported-by-Google tablet in these three price ranges?