Suggestions on suitable laptops.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gurses

Honorable
Apr 25, 2014
Hi ladies and gents, I'll be starting my Law degree in Sept and I currently don't have a "good-shape" laptop - the current one I'm using feels like it's going to die out on me very soon.

I'm not certain of my budget currently but It will be around £700-900, unless I go for a Mac which means I'll spend around £1100. I'll be using the laptop for tasks such as Microsoft Word, Music (iTunes/YouTube), Skype etc... It's easy finding a laptop that can do that, but I also want to play Minecraft as well as Day-Z (both are games) in my spare time therefore the question is; what laptop will be able to run Minecraft/DayZ as well as multimedia.

To wrap it up: I need suggestions on a laptop that costs around the mark of £700-900 (If it's a Mac it can be increased to £1100) that can run Minecraft in "high" settings, as well as one that is able to run DayZ. I don't think companies such as Alienware - in addition to that the appearance shouldn't be too bulky (fat).

Just for reference, this is the system requirements for Minecraft: http:// - and for DayZ it is: http://.

Can you geniuses please provide me with some suggestions! Thank you in advance.

lenovo y510p is £930 - and overheats like mad and is meant for heavy gaming
cube laptops are overpriced and i've never seen their website but heard they're taiwanese? although it seems they're only on amazon and ebay.
you could try n550jv - its a multimedia laptop that's sound and it'll do your gaming quite easily
if you want to step that laptop up a bit then you could try and find the n550jk - the upgraded version which'll do gaming even better but its £900+

Gurses

Honorable
Apr 25, 2014

Might actually get the N550jk, it's pushing my budget but amazing looks, amazing specs (best I've seen yet). Do you know any retailers which sell it?

Gurses

Honorable
Apr 25, 2014

Might actually get the N550jk, it's pushing my budget but amazing looks, amazing specs (best I've seen yet). Do you know any retailers which sell it?