Sumo Wrestlers Find the iPad 'Finger-compatible'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
Using BMI, Arnold Schwarzenegger has been obese his entire adult life. Guess who uses BMI for determining obesity? It's all BS. Who cares anyway...

tolham

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Maybe you guys are being a bit harsh? Completely off topic. If you think the US is overweight, instead of sitting on your ass complaining about it, maybe try and help spread the word? Try and help! I live in the US. I find it offensive even though it's true. Just my two cents.[/citation]
how would you go about helping? drive-by liposuction?

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]pc574[/nom]The problem with this statement is by what the powers that be call "Obese." Technically i am Obese by the government standards. For my height and size, I am supposed to be 156 lbs to be in good shape. At 190 lbs I am said to be obese. In high school while wrestling, I was 157 lbs with 3% body fat. For me to be in "good shape" according to the studies that say 30% of america is fat, I need to reduce myself to under 3% body fat. This very unhealthy for anyone. Athletes get cut off from sports at this lvl of conditioning. I am 5'11", have a 32 inch waist and weigh around 200 depending on he day. You cannot grab anywhere near a handful of fat from my beer belly yet I too am obese.[/citation]

You right about the definition of "obese" or BMI. Many pro athlete are considered obese. But the fact remains that their a large(pun intended) weight problem in America. I am at the other end since I am a distance runner. :)

pacapaca

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]I'm going to assume that your info is from wikipedia, but in the future please cite your source(s). This helps to prevent BS from being posted as fact.[/citation]

Are you some fat-ass in denial or something? This is much more entertaining than discussing sumo wrestlers! Here are some credible sources:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/overwt.htm
http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/2009.2014

Yes, there are problems using BMI to determine obesity, but there's no denying this country has a 'huge' problem.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]Is there a 'stupid' filter for articles on Tom's guide, or do I just have to figure out how to block '[iPhone|iPod] [used to|grandmother|first time|911|saves]?[/citation]

Yes, its called the lamorpa filter

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]pacapaca[/nom]Are you some fat-ass in denial or something?[/citation]
Whoa, slow down there for a minute buddy. I wasn't refuting the claims at all. I'm not overweight and I'm not even American. I just want people to cite their sources.

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
I just think it's funny that the term 'athletes' was used for these guys.

Also having been to the US for a few weeks last year I noticed a big difference in the number of fat people around, and in Australia we're apparently number 2 behind you guys.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]You can replace the term sumo wrestler by 1/3 of the American population. Now I see why they sold so many iMagical devices![/citation]

This. Brilliant!

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]You can replace the term sumo wrestler by 1/3 of the American population. Now I see why they sold so many iMagical devices![/citation]
~!~
I always wondered why people bought iPads!
I now know why! Thank so so very much my kind sir.

spartanii

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
[citation][nom]usersname[/nom]Then there's the other 1/3 who simply confuse the iPad with food.[/citation]
[citation][nom]mavroxur[/nom]And then there's you two idiots who generalize an entire country.[/citation]

He mavroxur wasnt saying that these guys are generalizing that all americans are fat, he was pointing out that not all poeple who buy ipads are fad and stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.