SunRed Moped is a Solar Armadillo

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordcrazex

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
it feels like its gonna get pretty hot when ur inside it.. guess throwing in an a/c should fix that problem.. n another thing.. does this thing has a backlight?

sinsear

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
[citation][nom]lordcrazex[/nom]it feels like its gonna get pretty hot when ur inside it.. guess throwing in an a/c should fix that problem.. n another thing.. does this thing has a backlight?[/citation]
Why would it get hot when you're inside it? You're fully exposed to the environment when you're driving it...it's not like you're going to have the "shell" down when you're riding in it. It'll only be covered, and thus getting hot, when you're NOT riding it.

G

Solar panels? Made of silicon? In Spain? No one of this Mopeds will last 2 seconds in a Spanish street. People will break it to get away with the solar cells to sell the bare silicon. Wellcome to Spain.

A Spaniard

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
very interesting design if they can make it practical, and more importantly durable, aka it lasts long enough for you save on gas over the lifetime of the bike, I would be impressed.

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
Atta boy Gurneyrinca, this is the type of product we need. Solar panels everywhere! As for the solar panels being stolen, don't drive it in Spain.

arkanon

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
People will break it to get away with the solar cells to sell the bare silicon? Where do you live?

I'm Spanish, I live in Spain, I've been in many Spanish cities (Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Zaragoza, Toledo...), and I've never seen people breaking and stealing solar cells.

Regarding the bike, my only concern is how much does it take to recharge.

weirdguy99

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
Maybe a hybrid with a small amount of fuel would be nice, but that would probably complicate the entire vehicle. Also, the solar cells all face different directions, so only a portion will actually face the sunlight which reduced efficiency.

G

...and if you knock it over in the garage it will be a write off thanks to the cost of the solar panels, completely negating the environmental benefits.

But I guess it will make the 'holy prius' crowd feel better about their lives in the meantime.

*sigh*

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I was hoping that it would be drivable when closed with some sort of curved video display inside that would let you see outside. Of course at the speeds a moped is going, the improved aerodynamics wouldn't really help much.

Also, I'll say it again, please put the word 'CONCEPT' in the title of these articles.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]lordcrazex[/nom]it feels like its gonna get pretty hot when ur inside it.. guess throwing in an a/c should fix that problem.. n another thing.. does this thing has a backlight?[/citation]

You're one of those people who drives with the sunshade still in place blocking your windshield, aren't you?

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
[citation][nom]The Spaniard[/nom]Solar panels? Made of silicon? In Spain? No one of this Mopeds will last 2 seconds in a Spanish street. People will break it to get away with the solar cells to sell the bare silicon. Wellcome to Spain.A Spaniard[/citation]

Yeah, because Silicon isn't the earth's second most abundant element, making up over 25% of the earth's crust by mass. That's like thieves stealing computers to melt them down for the metals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS