Supreme Court Ruling: GPS Tracking Requires Warrant

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
Hahaha why does this ruling even matter if you can be detained without cause? I mean why go through all the trouble of gathering evidence against you when they can just arrest you (which, by the way, implies the right to search you) and throw you in jail for no reason?

chaoticdisposition

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
ummmmm does anyone remember how habeas corpus is not even part of us rights? it is correct. you can be taken, in the middle of the night. without so much as a note left, saying you were detained. is this the same america i fell in love with 20 years ago??? good thing i live in canada now. at least most of our freedoms still exist. . . . for now.

tbq

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
The Supreme Court needs to hurry up and tell the Administration that they can't grope people trying to get on an airplane. Having some pervert staring at my x-ray at an airport or sticking his hand in my pants is most definitely a violation of the same 4th Amendment. They can't even stop someone at the checkpoint who actually has a gun.

G

I do not think thaqt the interpretation is corfrect. The Supreme Court ruling applies to Government (Police) and NOT PI's. It is simple, PI's are civilians and civilians CANNOT obtain WARRANTS. This ruling has affected my public career but has no way hindered my private (for now). Who knows maybe one day in the near future, the liberals will impose stricter regulations on PI's.

This is just my thought.

G

Are you serious? So the Police have no right to search without a warrant but private investigators have? Ha ha ha, go check your self with a psychiatrist, or you may end up in jail.

Kim Russell

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
8901 2607 6222 6905 017 this number is a sim card T-mobile off a gps tracking device that i catch a guy putting under my car . And the Surpreme Court is full of lip service . Because this crooked goverment say that even know i have the tracking device they say that my report is unfounded according to Jerry Tessner Of the Kings Mountain Police . Call him up and ask .And if you would like to see the tracking device i still have it.

Kim Russell

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
8901 2607 6222 6905 017 this number is a sim card T-mobile off a gps tracking device that i catch a guy putting under my car . And the Surpreme Court is full of lip service . Because this crooked goverment say that even know i have the tracking device they say that my report is unfounded according to Jerry Tessner Of the Kings Mountain Police . Call him up and ask .And if you would like to see the tracking device i still have it.

Kim Russell

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS