Swapping between USB headset and Speakers Windows 8.1?

Xendalmodrow

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014
Just brought a Razor headset which uses USB. My speakers use the back audiojacks.

I don't particularly want to unplug my headphones every time I stop using them, how can I create a macro or is there a feature I can use to simply swap between them without having to unplug my headset? Just to make it easier to swap between then while gaming so I don't have to pause and go through settings.

Thanks in advance for answers :)

Solution

Of what i know of there is no fast macro/ just key press to get this to work as i myself had the same idea but found no help.

The fastest way for me i use win7 and not 8 so it may be a little different but i just right click on the speaker icon in the tray in right corner of the task bar then choose...

vampyiere6

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

Of what i know of there is no fast macro/ just key press to get this to work as i myself had the same idea but found no help.

The fastest way for me i use win7 and not 8 so it may be a little different but i just right click on the speaker icon in the tray in right corner of the task bar then choose playback device and then just pick the usb headset or the built in sound to use the speakers, and set them as default device that is the fastest way i know of and is why i went with usb headset to be able to do this without unplugging.

This does not really answer the macro/ keypress fast way option that i know you are looking for but from what i did search like a year ago there was nothing to help like a macro.

Solution