Swimmer Plays GTA IV for 55 Hours, Sets Record

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Holy shit. Thats a LONG time , I can only play 2-4 hours a day before I can't handle the same game any more. I usually get up and eat after 3 hours. Then do something else for a while. and if I finally feel like it , play games again. Maybe.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
I played "regular" 12 hours matches of Starcraft (custom maps) with a group of friends of mine back in the day...

We played 3 days straight, no sleep, downed 2 cans of coffee and almost went to the hospital after our parents found out, rofl. Just keep the food coming and tell your folks you were having time for sleeping, hahaha.

Ah, the good ol' days...

I'd say the feat here was GTA IV being played more than 15 minutes straight. THAT's a feat of strenght.

Cheers!

x3style

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I gamed for 73 hours to finish Frozen Throne addon when it poped out. I drank about 8x2L Fanta Orange bottles and smoked 10 packs of Kent Blue(8),6 Bags of Chips, went tot he toiled around 4 times.

Ahhh the good'ol'days. Now i barley get 1-2h of gaming.I even quit smoking. But now i got a crapload of stuff bought and i dont really have time to use it, the irony of it all.

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
Personal best is about 36 hours of Final Fantasy XI.

Does it count if you get up to use the restroom, or get a snack, or meal?

I was 25 at the time, and single. I wish I could go back for just one more marathon session like that. Good Times.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
Why do I have the feeling that in the next few days there's going to be a case or two of someone having a heart attack after a long gaming session...?

Regected

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
I've beat that before. In high school, I played GT2 for 4 days straight. That completed almost all of the game except two endurance races, which would have tacked on another 6-12 hours.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I can tell from the comments here and my own experience, that MANY people have technically "beaten" this record. However, the details are still a bit vague. Bio-breaks ect... Can anyone link to the Guinness article? Bragging rights are only good if you have truth to back them up! :D

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Is that completely non stop? Such as, not even stopping for an hour to eat?
There was a south korean dude who went from lvl 1-60 in one session in WoW (about 5 days if I remember).

flaminggerbil

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Is that completely non stop? Such as, not even stopping for an hour to eat?There was a south korean dude who went from lvl 1-60 in one session in WoW (about 5 days if I remember).[/citation]
That's probably the one I was thinking of (he died)!

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
I've played for 72 hours straight back in my EQ days thanks to my ol friend adderall lol, wamp wamp. Those were the days...

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
And yes I took bio and food breaks, never over 15 minutes. I wasn't trying to set a record or anything, just had an obsession with that game when I was younger lol. I did lay down for about 30 minutes on night 2. I gave up and got back onto grinding. Ended up with close to 200 days of play time on 2 accounts 'boxed' before I quit that damn game.

G

im sorry but alot of people have bet 72 hours+ straight and lived. so this is NOT a world record.

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]snowmanwithahat[/nom]I'm almost 100% sure that this has been beaten but no one ever bothered to record it.WOTLK expansion release for WoW for example... I know there was people that were up for more than 48+ hours leveling, took them roughly 3 days play-time to go from 70 to 80.[/citation]

Actually, the fastest person leveled to 80 in under 24 hours. This was also the case for first person from 70-80.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS