Switching to android from iphone... help me choose please!!

sgtopmobile

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
hello everyone, i was thinking in getting an iphone 4s but i just want to try something new so i want to buy and android phone.... the question is , wich one? i will buy the phone off contract and my budget is 650$, i need something BETTER in terms of SPEED and GRAPHICS than the iPhone 4, but not as fast as the iPhone 4s.... so wich android phone will you recomend me?

Matthew9559

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
What carrier are you on?

Galaxy Nexus or Samsung Galaxy S 2 are the top two imo.

The Galaxy Nexus isn't out yet though, Google said November for release but hasn't even said what carriers yet...

in terms of matching the iphone retina display....there is only one choice. the soon to be released samsung nexus with a full 720p screen. all other android devices lack the ppi of apples display, although this doesnt mean they look bad at all. my phone is only a 480x800 display and looks perfectly fine.

in terms of power, you will want to stick with a dualcore model. as suggested the galaxy s2 or nexus are prime choices although you could get away with another dualcore model if you wanted.

at the bare minimum you i would say an android 2.3 device but personally i would say to try android 4.0 (will be on nexus, other devices such as galaxy s2 should get it later) as it looked pretty good at the unveiling event.

---

one thing for you to keep in mind:

an android phone will not function exactly like an iphone.

the interface isnt always as simplistic and naturally easy to use (although most of the time it is) but android allows you far far far more control over your phone. oh and it doesnt require itunes.