Symbols typed not same as those on Keys

alastannmoss

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
Hi I am from South Africa and recently aquired a Lenovo ideapad 100S. I have a problem with symbols as appearing on the keys, not correct when typed. All the symbols on th top bar are incorrect and some lower down too. I have followed all the suggested steps to rectify this problem namely changed from English UK to English SA to English US. I checked that QWERTY is correct and I updated the driver but to no avail. What would you suggest......i have no clue where the question mark is......

Solution
I have a 100s. Cute little laptop I use for travel.

If you have not yet done so, download the PDF manual for the 100s.
It really does not address your issue except for the explanation of how to use the Fn keys.
And, how to enter the bios.
As I recall, there are options in the bios on how to set up the keyboard.
Can't remember the details though.
Can you give us an example of what you "symbols" appear for 1, 2, 3, 4 so we can identify which keyboard you have installed?

WindowsKey + Space can switch between the installed keyboards you have, but I'd suggest removing any keyboard layouts you won't use.
Navigate to: Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Language

Then, ensure English SA (assuming that's what you wan) to the top of the list, and remove the others.

geofelt

Distinguished
I have a 100s. Cute little laptop I use for travel.

If you have not yet done so, download the PDF manual for the 100s.
It really does not address your issue except for the explanation of how to use the Fn keys.
And, how to enter the bios.
As I recall, there are options in the bios on how to set up the keyboard.
Can't remember the details though.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS