Aug 12, 2014
Hi...

I have a G41 Gigabyte Main board with :
+CPU: E7500 Dual core 2.93 GHz
+VGA: Force3D ATI 4670 - 1GB
+Ram: 2GB - Kingmax 1066
+MB: Gigabyte EP41 Ultra Durable 3
+OS: Win 8 Enterprise 64bit

When I work with high resolution images in Photoshop and try to save them as JPEG, the Photoshop will slowdown (not responding) and it take about 4 minutes to save the image...But the system still running good
Would any one have advises to have better performance with Photoshop without hardware upgrade?

prit87

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
increase your ram to another 2 gb the slowing down will go its slowing down because Photoshop uses a lot of ram for making it sure when the pc is slowing down hit CTRL + ALT + DEL to open the task manager in there go to performance tab and see the memory usage i am sure u will see the memory is near full .

armantaxi

Estimable
Aug 12, 2014
PS uses 1000mb of ram and there is about 400mb free for system.
I tried with set of 1.3gb ram usage (in performance settings) and no changes. it's still slow

prit87

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
check plugins : the number of plugins that your Photoshop installation uses. Certain plugins are well known for slowing down Photoshop, which is why you should consider searching for reviews of them on the Internet. If these plugins do slow down Photoshop, then look for similar alternatives.Also, too many plugins on your computer could be another reason why your version of Photoshop is running slower than normal.

Increasing the memory usage from 40% to 60% will result in a marked improvement of the speed of Photoshop, which should make it much more enjoyable to use.

Reducing the history option will free up the amount of available memory for Photoshop, which should make it run much faster.

Scanning your pc with a good original and updated antivirus may work and also scan for malware.
install cc cleaner or tuneup utilities and scan and fix the registry try to have a decent space in the c drive.

armantaxi

Estimable
Aug 12, 2014
I tried with a fresh installed windows and just installed Photoshop on it and the same lag occurred...
I work with 8x4 meters banner and bigger resolutions, is it the reason of this lag?