Solved! Tab A

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016
I have Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 I cannot transfer files to Windows 10 PC. keep getting error message" Device not recognized" I have checked drivers for updates and everything seems to be ok. When i connect my camera there is no problem. Any help please in simple terms would be appreciated. Edit, I have recently tried transfer with a Tab 2 GT-P3110 and my pc immediately set it up. So any further thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
Some things to check.

1. Make sure the tablet is turned on and you are choosing the right option when you are connecting. Changes to the tablet could make you need to swipe down once it is plugged into the computer and make sure you select the option for transferring files.

2. Make sure you are connecting directly to the computer from the tablet and not through say a docking station.

3. Make sure the cable you are connecting with is working correctly. Perhaps check it on a different device and/or computer.

4. I know you said you updated the drivers, but what drivers did you update? You should be looking in "Device Manager" for the "USB (Universal Serial Bus) Controllers" and updating the drivers for the "Samsung Mobile USB Composite...
Some things to check.

1. Make sure the tablet is turned on and you are choosing the right option when you are connecting. Changes to the tablet could make you need to swipe down once it is plugged into the computer and make sure you select the option for transferring files.

2. Make sure you are connecting directly to the computer from the tablet and not through say a docking station.

3. Make sure the cable you are connecting with is working correctly. Perhaps check it on a different device and/or computer.

4. I know you said you updated the drivers, but what drivers did you update? You should be looking in "Device Manager" for the "USB (Universal Serial Bus) Controllers" and updating the drivers for the "Samsung Mobile USB Composite Device" or however it is named on your computer.

Solution

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016
Hi, This is an update on a previous thread whereby I could not transfer files from Tab A to PC, getting error message "Device not recognised" I have tried everything suggested to date with no success. Today I tried to connect a Tab 2 to PC and it was immediately installed and files opened ready for transfer. A camera is also recognised so where is the problem with Tab A. HELP please