Taser Makes Tool to Help Parents Control Kids

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ankaj

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
The only use I see in this device is tracking their driving habits. If parents are concerned about how their child is using their cell phone, then maybe they should not have one.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Computer_Lots[/nom]I think it would be awesome if you could remotely activate an actual taser inside your kids phone...Parent : Hey I said get your butt home right now.Kid: Screw you, I'm staying out as long as I want.Parent : Oh yeah... BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. How bout now.Kid: Don't tase me bro Of course, this would only work once since your kid would find a way to defeat it, like wear rubber gloves or something.[/citation]
That's easy, next time just don't call, activate it while the phone is in their pocket :)

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Taser's next product codename: Project Child Guardian

Ever wish you could control where you children play so they don't stray off the yard and fall into predators hands? No you can! Taser International is product to introduce our first generation line of product "Child Guardian" where now you can set the boundries for where you child can move inside and outside your own home. If the child crosses the limits having been set by you, the parent, the child will receive a mild shock of 50,000 volts using our highly patented Taser technology. It comes in a bracelet or necklace form ranging in over 12 different colors from neon green to stripper pink.

All for under $500, the very low price of $499.99

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
'Kids finds tracking software on his phone, removes it and installs in on his parents phones. The software detects via GPS that it's in a hotel and calls police to intervene, parents kill kid.'

=D

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Look... you just gotta know your kids. This may help in some cases and may hurt in others. If the parents are stewards of their children (and they are up 'til 18) then it's up to them to figure all this out.

mhughes81

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
I don't see the real point of giving a kid a regular cell phone (besides as a distraction). Maybe a prepaid for emergencies only. People my age did just find without them growing up and if you were real special, you had a pager.

Tell your kid to get a job and pay their own bills if they want a cell phone. That way if they run the bill up to $700 in one month because they got a cheap plan and sent 4000 texts, they will learn responsibilty the hard way.

sally_jameson

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
I look at it as knowing your child's real life. Knowing the information provided here would keep a child safer. it's not just spying, it's knowing who your child really is, and what they think you think they are like. Its not a lockdown bracelet that beeps when they leave the zone of approval. It's peace of mind for the parent and the ability to keep things all out in the open.

sally_jameson

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
I look at it as knowing your child's real life. Knowing the information provided here would keep a child safer. it's not just spying, it's knowing who your child really is, and what they think you think they are like. Its not a lockdown bracelet that beeps when they leave the zone of approval. It's peace of mind for the parent and the ability to keep things all out in the open.

Status
Not open for further replies.