Solved! TCL and Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2018
hi
complete novice here - I have a TCL TV, I assume oldish version (not mine) - I can enter Netflix into google and access our account no problem, but when we press play it redirects to download Netflix app (on either phone or iPad) and then freezes. Can anyone help me with either a "nope it will never work so stop trying" or otherwise?!
Thanks in advance!
Justine

Solution
You'd have to play around with the menu or apps for the TV. To see if it has a Netflix app or the ability to download a netflix app. This wouldn't be something you do through the TV's web browser. Rather the built in app directory and option to add apps (if any).

This is the problem with smart TVs. They are limited, often with specialized versions of apps which never update and they age. You'll probably need to get some streaming device. Such as a Roku.
You'd have to play around with the menu or apps for the TV. To see if it has a Netflix app or the ability to download a netflix app. This wouldn't be something you do through the TV's web browser. Rather the built in app directory and option to add apps (if any).

This is the problem with smart TVs. They are limited, often with specialized versions of apps which never update and they age. You'll probably need to get some streaming device. Such as a Roku.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.