TCL TV's worth the Hype?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014

My first 4k TV was the 49in S405. I had it for two weeks until my dog tripped over the power cord, it fell and this happened. Was very upset lol. 330 dollar large paper weight now. I loved it while it lasted.

20190125-143307.jpg

Nobody should rely on 1 or few posts to form an opinion.

There are plenty of bad reviews about TCL and TCL6 in particular, Quantum Apotheosis over utube totally trashed the TCL6, but he trash lots of others, he sounds like a very harsh reviewer, but I appreciate his honesty.

Am sure u went into similar calculation with the RCA (they still make TV? [gasp!]) but u won, congrats.

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014

Yikes!

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014

I have stumbled across quantum as well. He seems pretty angry to me, he really hates Vizio for some reason. I prefer HDTVtest or Rtings, which he also trashes. His "call out" videos against Vincent from HDTV Test are quite ridiculous in my opinion. Not to say hes wrong about the R6, it certainly does have quality control issues.

jojesa

Distinguished
I know...he trashes LG OLED TVs...He said "...we should NEVER buy it."
I like My LG OLED TV...a lot. I think it does have a great picture quality, with deep blacks.
What I don't see is hands on products...He just shows images from other websites, while trashing their work.