TechCrunch Accuses Tech Investors of Collusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

azcoyote

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Or it could be that Michael Arrington is an asshole and has burned a ton of bridges and caused a lot of strife. Showing up uninvited anywhere is pretty uncouth. I don't see the evil yet. Not saying it isn't possible but the source is more iffy than the story.

jeraldjunkmail

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
So does this mean we should be buying shares in these investment companies if they are going to make a huge profit? I don't think this will start an investigation, so.....

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Sounds to me like Arrington is just pissed off that he wasn't invited to a private party that was quite frankly none of his business anyway.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein weren't invited to the Watergate investigation either, and I suppose that was none of their business anyway. Good thing nobody was doing anything wrong and then trying to cover it up.

G

So Arrogant (sorry, Arrington) put 2 and 2 together to come up with 5 - as usual. More nonsense from this idiot.

G

Seriously Tomshardware.com, why do you keep writing stories about this asshat Michael Arrington. Do you owe him money or something? Nobody cares about him or TechCrunch and their lame failed tablet. Move on people.

failboat

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Who would meet in public to commit felonies? This guy didn't hear anything. I think the article is fishy. Maybe, this guy trashed them, because they wouldn't invite him for a drink.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
This doesn't sound to me like price fixing, I would think that would be done in closed doors, not at a public restaraunt.

Having said that, I do believe there is market manipulation, but I think it is more like hedge fund leaders getting the press to come out with articles of "labor report is bleak" - stock goes down, then they buy, then they tell the press to say "labor report shows increase", then stock goes up, then they sell. Seriously, if you look at the stock prices in the past 6 months, there have been swings of 20-30% back and forth at least 4 times this year all which were reactions to supposed "labor and real estate reports"

In this case, the guy didn't give any proof, on why they were having a price meeting only that they were hush hush when he walked in. What do you expect when you are told you aren't welcome at a particular function.

Status
Not open for further replies.