Review Technivorm Moccamaster KBGV Select review 2021

Mar 8, 2023
It was because of reviews like this that I bought a Moccamaster KBGV. At the time I thought that Moccamaster was a respected manufacturer of high-quality appliances.

After a failure, and a back and forth with customer support I now view Moccamaster as manufacturer of cheap appliances and a company that is arrogant and dismissive towards customers.

After the plastic handle on the carafe broke in my hand while rinsing it, I contacted support, and customer service responses to my service request were all about blaming me for the problem. They apparently have a list of canned response to avoid taking responsibility, and they kept trying one after the other. Such as saying the handle must have been weakened in the dishwasher, when in fact the carafe has never been in the dishwasher.

Moccamaster’s web site is also very defensive about the quality of plastic in their coffee makers. Clearly the fact that the quality of the plastic is insufficient for daily use is something that they are aware of. However, they don’t take responsivity for selling a $300 appliance that breaks within their advertised warranty period.

Too bad I didn’t know that when I purchased, otherwise I never would have bought a MoccaMaster.