Text-Message Barrage Can Crash Android Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkhoward

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Well...

I want to share this with everyone out there. I have also found this same bug on the iOS system awhile back but didn't want to share it with anyone because I didn't want apple to fix it. If you create a massive text message full of emojicons on the iPhone it will crash the phone that you send it to for a few minutes, hours, or it may require a restart. I have tried this on a few of my friends phones and it locked up a lot of them for a long period of time and required my friend to have to restore his 4S which is much slower then the 5, which is probably why it crashed. Go ahead and give it a shot and lets see a post about apple trying to fix this feature!

iChat must be enabled..

If you send this to a person without an iPhone or iChat you will cost them millions of dollars in text message fees.

Have fun!:)

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Somehow I knew that if I found an article on Tom's with anything negative at all about Android I would find a post of someone trying to bring Apple into it. What do you know; it was the very first post. Misery loves company.

jkhoward

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
It isn't a post to say Apple is good. Not at all.. Apple sucks. I just thought this was the right time to share my findings.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
I got that you hate Apple. The point is you have to take to an article about a bug in Android to proclaim that Apple sucks.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
All software does have bugs, no question about it. And people should man up, or women up, and just except that vise dragging others into it. Again, that was my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
cgsuresh Streaming Video & TVs 3
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
Terriss99 Streaming Video & TVs 2