Texting World Record Broken Using Swype

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsbsbsbs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I must admit Swype is ultra fast and superior to the standard way of texting. Since I turned it on when I got my Galaxy S I have not turned it off.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]Prince_Porter[/nom]She's not the fastest texter in the world, she's the fastest person who's bothered to step up to the plate and make such a claim.[/citation]
hey retard, did you even read the article? no? didn't think so.

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]hey retard, did you even read the article? no? didn't think so.[/citation]

Prince_Porter actually did read it...

"Currently Thompson's record-breaking text message still requires Guinness approval. However despite the texting feat, Thompson admitted that she was somewhat out of practice, as her new job--along with moving in with Davies--has reduced her amount of texting. Previously she wrote 40 to 50 messages a day to Davies alone."

So as far as technicalities go she isn't, and it's really just a marketing pitch.

Hupiscratch

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Prince_Porter[/nom]She's not the fastest texter in the world, she's the fastest person who's bothered to step up to the plate and make such a claim.[/citation]

And, in life, that´s sufficient to claim you´re the best.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]Hupiscratch[/nom]And, in life, that´s sufficient to claim you´re the best.[/citation]

And get slapped with a dipstick because your a liar, Jimmy.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
No matter if she's the fastest in the world or not, that's really fast. I didn't even come close on my phone (granted it does not have Swype)

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]BulkZerker[/nom]And get slapped with a dipstick because your a liar, Jimmy.[/citation]

Now thats think with your dipstick , Jimmy!

infodan

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
had an app called SlideIT on my nokia 5800 for 4 or 5 months that does the same thing, it did improve my texting speed but then i've never been one to use "text speak". had to disable it because there was issues with completing web forms (app took over the keyboard for everything).

coffeewow

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
Of course with an Android phone you can just speak that long sentence in but good luck getting it right the first time.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]nuvon[/nom]If they are offering $100,000 or more for the fastest person, I am in.[/citation]
I agree, i just tried and am not close to 25 seconds BUT i bet i could challenge 25 seconds with a little practice. after you type that sentance a few (20+) times it would be FAST.

Hats off to her though, 25 seconds is realy quick, took me 45'ish.

G

i just did it with Swype and a Droid X in 18.5 seconds. I even deleted the customer dictionary before I started but Swype auto-completed most of the words.

Status
Not open for further replies.